BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had great succes on the clear film from premier and now its for my next project :)
Ceramic tint this one is kinda custom as there won't be any cut out around the brakelight (farely common on tint installers is they cut out the part were the breaklight is) and I'm aiming for a cleaner look...let's start with 5 cars and the more members the better (more bargaining power)...ill be looking for installers here in socal by tomorrow (but i have a few in mind) if you have any suggestions or recommendations feel free to post. thanks:thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had my M3 done with huper optik ceramic film by this guy in Newport beach. I am not sure where you are looking in SoCal but he did a great job. Not sure about the light cut-out thing either. His name is Salvador and he is with Perfect Window Tint. His number is (714) 546-1002. When my 5 comes in in a few weeks, I will be heading back...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
stadler said:
I had my M3 done with huper optik ceramic film by this guy in Newport beach. I am not sure where you are looking in SoCal but he did a great job. Not sure about the light cut-out thing either. His name is Salvador and he is with Perfect Window Tint. His number is (714) 546-1002. When my 5 comes in in a few weeks, I will be heading back...
thanks....price? most installers prefer to cutout around the brakelight for easy install, in turn sacrifices the cleaner look of the car...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I am listening... Car should arrive late(r) this month.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of right now im trying to get a good number of participants and i have been inquiring about the best possible brand (HUPER OPTIK or MADICO) and considering the recommended installer of Sam from premier mobile grp. pls feel free to post on what you guys think...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is Ceramic Tint really necessary? I am about to get some quotes for the Boston area and have noticed forum users have a cariety of tints. I know metallic can interfere with my nav and Valentine1, but does that make Formula One and Huber Optik my only option? Thanks!

·
Registered
674 Posts
KCooke82 said:
Is Ceramic Tint really necessary? I am about to get some quotes for the Boston area and have noticed forum users have a cariety of tints. I know metallic can interfere with my nav and Valentine1, but does that make Formula One and Huber Optik my only option? Thanks!
No. Suntek has the Carbon series which is neither metallic nor ceramic. It's dye-based. It's not the same dye as the cheap kind that would turn purple and bubble. Cost is about $200.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks...I guess I am just trying to figure out what tint is best for me. I am in Boston so it's not like I am in brutal heat year round...i'm basically looking to enhance the looks, especially since my car is black. What tint should I go with?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm in your area here in Mass. legal is 35% here but you can go 20% and be ok. MOst people go 20% Ibut your taking a risk of being stopped. It does happen they were replacing 20% with 35 when i picked up my 5er due to this.. I went with 35 % and it is very suttle which I like. I went with 3m metalic film.
I didnt think my 5er could look better with the tint..but it does...pure sex.

·
Registered
71 Posts
BTW...see if your instaler is filtering the water they are using/not sure about other films but with the 3M sediment in the water will effect clarity.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update:

i have setup a meeting with this guy that Sam from premier mobile grp recommended and i would discuss with him the best possible tint we can have, his technique/installation process and most importantly pricing...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I intend to tint my 530 as soon as we are reunited and would like to participate in this "group buy." However, I must confess to being a novice when it comes to decide on the different types of tint. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DBU said:
I intend to tint my 530 as soon as we are reunited and would like to participate in this "group buy." However, I must confess to being a novice when it comes to decide on the different types of tint. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks.
heres a video of huper optik ceramic tint click on the showcase video on your left: http://www.huperoptikusa.com/consumer_auto.cfm this will give you a bit of idea of what were aiming for...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
laidback said:
heres a video of huper optik ceramic tint click on the showcase video on your left: http://www.huperoptikusa.com/consumer_auto.cfm this will give you a bit of idea of what were aiming for...:thumbup:
Cool :thumbup: (pun intended). I am in and look forward to the outcome of your chat with the installer.

Q: Looks like this stuff is OK (a.k.a. legal) for front side windows. Does it come in darker versions for that tinted look on rear doors and rear window?

Any concerns with radio or keyfob transmissions with this stuff? Would think not, since it is non-metallic, right?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DBU said:
Cool :thumbup: (pun intended). I am in and look forward to the outcome of your chat with the installer.

Q: Looks like this stuff is OK (a.k.a. legal) for front side windows. Does it come in darker versions for that tinted look on rear doors and rear window?

Any concerns with radio or keyfob transmissions with this stuff? Would think not, since it is non-metallic, right?
thats why im leaning towards ceramic as it won't interfere with the radio, navi, radar detector etc...the darkest would be 30% and lightest would be 60% but will confirm everything tomorrow pls check your messages as i will be pm'ing you for details and thanks DBU for paricipating...

·
Registered
83 Posts
If I am in Boston will a group buy benefit me?

·
Registered
674 Posts
DBU said:

FYI... It is illegal to have any tint on the front side windows in CA. Everyone that has tint on the front windows in CA run the risk of getting a fix-it ticket (knocking furiously on wood). :eeps:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
jiio said:
FYI... It is illegal to have any tint on the front side windows in CA. Everyone that has tint on the front windows in CA run the risk of getting a fix-it ticket (knocking furiously on wood). :eeps:
I know. However, this stuff is CLEAR, yet still divert the heat. I have not yet seen this stuff in person, although I wonder if it is what one can see on Mercedes Benz' - looks like a light gray/blue-ish tint on all windows. If it is so clear that the casual observer wouldn't even realize it is tint, I am willing to take the chance for the fix-it ticket.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update for the ceramic tint:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just met with Hann (clearcut advantage) today and showed me his shop and his tinting process (looks awesome) and we ran some prices for the ceramic tint and here are the prices:
1 Rear windshield (covered brakelight without cutout)
2 Rear quarter
2 Rear passenger
2 Front passenger= $440 for 5 cars... 10 cars $425.

windshield =$200

btw. he carries huper optik and madico and he is an authorized installer... let me know if you guys are interested the terms are $100 dollars deposit (non refundable)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts