BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a source of Cerium Gray touch up paint to repair a few chips on the front bumper accent pieces on my 2018 X3 M40i? Talking with my dealers parts department BMW does not have a touch up tube available.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
C code: 405/3
876 Posts
You're not the only guy looking for Cerium Gray. Nobody seems to handle/have it so, you're going to have to do a bit more work.

I'm not sure how large your town is, Selinsgrove PA. Go to a car accessory shop with a big paint department and explain your situation. Also, some of the autobody shops will be able to help also. Not all, but some of these paint departments have a little hand scanner and they can scan the color of the paint and reproduce it right then and there. They'll mix up the color for you as you wait. For me, JB Auto Supply in Victoria did it for me with the DD.
They'll even sell you a little bottle of clearcoat if you're touching up wheels/mirrors.
Good luck, and keep us in the loop with your results.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're not the only guy looking for Cerium Gray. Nobody seems to handle/have it so, you're going to have to do a bit more work.

I'm not sure how large your town is, Selinsgrove PA. Go to a car accessory shop with a big paint department and explain your situation. Also, some of the autobody shops will be able to help also. Not all, but some of these paint departments have a little hand scanner and they can scan the color of the paint and reproduce it right then and there. They'll mix up the color for you as you wait. For me, JB Auto Supply in Victoria did it for me with the DD.
They'll even sell you a little bottle of clearcoat if you're touching up wheels/mirrors.
Good luck, and keep us in the loop with your results.
Thank you for your suggestions. I contacted my BMW dealers body shop but they were of no help. my next step is a paint supply store.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts