BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CF interior trim from UUC arrived today. I managed to get their photo model, so it was $100 less than normal.

I say its sorta installed because I decided to put the Focal speakers in the front doors while I had the trim off, so I ran outta time and will save the driver's side for tomorrow.

Fit is pretty good, but not 100%, especially the piece around the radio. The core of the pieces are made from what appears to be a mold made from OEM pieces (you can see molded-in roundels) but are a bit thicker, so in certain areas, the fit isn't 100%. However, it is more than satisfactory, and worth the cost, IMO.

I like the look of the true carbon fiber (unlike the fake-CF-looking Black Aluminum Cube that BMW offers) and as it replaces gloss black on my car, its a subtle yet noticeable difference.

Kinda poor pic below:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Looks great! :thumbup:

I really like it with your black interior... I love the depth CF has. I hope I get to see it IRL sometime!

BTW what is a photo model? The one they installed to take pics for catalogs?

--SONET

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3-D depth of the real stuff is tough to beat. And I highly doubt I'll be putting in any more CF anywhere else. Any more (shifter, e-brake, pedals. etc.) and it'll turn over to the r1cey side.

Yes, the photo model is the one they used to take the pics for the website, etc. It was up on their clearance page and I managed to swipe it in time.

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
1,817 Posts
That's funny you posted that CF interior trim because that is what I had in mind for my next cosmetic mod. :)

I was thinking of getting the silver (or is it titanium?) trim, but didn't think it would provide enough contrast against the sand interior.

When I was ordering my car, I thought about getting black interior because I think that aluminum pieces like the trim, pedals, etc. look REALLY HOT! But speaking of HOT and because I live in the Sunshine State, I would be feeling miserable everytime I'd hop in my car. (I know, I know. Lame excuse). :tsk:

I'll probably get a set of those CF trim after I grow tired of looking at myrtle wood.

Thanks for showing those pics. They look great and gives me an idea of what they would look like against a sand interior. ;)

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Kaz said:
And I highly doubt I'll be putting in any more CF anywhere else. Any more (shifter, e-brake, pedals. etc.) and it'll turn over to the r1cey side.
You're right... it still looks classy (in a sporty way) the way it is. Any more of it though and it will remove the value that it has. Everything in moderation! :D

Again, looks great!

--SONET

PS Is it entirely grey fiber, or did they weave red (or any other color) into it like BMW did with the trim on the E36 Lightweight? Which reminds me - I forgot to send Scott his pics again. :yikes:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Kaz

I really like the look of the CF with your colors:thumbup:

Really interested in hearing how the new speakers sound. Also, are you going to change over the amp for the rear at this time too:dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ackster said:
Kaz - That looks really good! :thumbup: I'm waiting on my CF and I should have it this week. Do your armrests look like Fisch330ciTB's? The CF I ordered does not have any leather in the armrest. Just curious.

Please post the rest of the pics when you're finished. :D
Sedan/wagons have a COMPLETELY different trim setup than coupes/convertibles. Sedan/wagon trim runs straight across the tops of the doors, and nothing on the armrest/doorpulls.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SONET said:

PS Is it entirely grey fiber, or did they weave red (or any other color) into it like BMW did with the trim on the E36 Lightweight? Which reminds me - I forgot to send Scott his pics again. :yikes:
Its completely black fiber. No weaving of other colors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.