BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my v8 friends.

I found these, and they complement each other. It's best if someone could pdf them and save them on safe site, so they don't get lost. I hope "Jeff" is OK with this.

Good luck for those of you who are attempting this.
"Jeff" has also sticky notes on both where extra caution is needed.

Chain Guides Replacement
Vanos Timing Adjustment

·
Registered
15,638 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Good idea to save these documents on one's own computer.

·
Older than old school
4,461 Posts
Thanks Doru. I know it's only a matter of time before I'll need to refer to them. So I saved them to my growing "BMW info" folder, as edjack suggested.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great write-up. I just replaced my CCV and now have more smoke than I ever did before. I've been told it's my oil seperator so I am going to give this procedure a try. Also, while I'm at it I am going to change the guides. Is there anything else you can suggest I do while I'm in there. Also, is there any way you could help me out with a list of the tools I will need. I am a DIYer and know this is going to be a huge undertaking and more than likely way out of my league but I think with your help and this thread I can do it. Is timing necessary when performing this procedure?
Thank You very much

·
wannabe DIY'er
332 Posts
and the reason is : "i am happy with my 530i because i dont need to do this job"
haha, i knew this was going to be said
Great write-up. I just replaced my CCV and now have more smoke than I ever did before. I've been told it's my oil seperator so I am going to give this procedure a try. Also, while I'm at it I am going to change the guides. Is there anything else you can suggest I do while I'm in there. Also, is there any way you could help me out with a list of the tools I will need. I am a DIYer and know this is going to be a huge undertaking and more than likely way out of my league but I think with your help and this thread I can do it. Is timing necessary when performing this procedure?
Thank You very much
yes, timing is necessary and this is one huge job that i am not even considering..... it's def out of my diy league :)

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
I added a pointer in the tandem-jobs thread over to Doru's post for future use so that we can be both consistent and complete when someone asks:

- Typical tandem DIY repair jobs combined while you're already there (1)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts