air-cooled "Boxer" engine
Italian styling
697cc, 2-cylinder engine

Pics and model information, please :)

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Sounds like a 700 to me.

A Isetta 600 (the big one) engine enlarged to 700cc. Designed by Michelotti, who also designed many Japanese cars of the time, including the similarly architected (but larger) Hino Contessa.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kaz said:
Sounds like a 700 to me.

A Isetta 600 (the big one) engine enlarged to 700cc. Designed by Michelotti, who also designed many Japanese cars of the time, including the similarly architected (but larger) Hino Contessa.

:thumb:

Neat cars :bigpimp:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BMW asked Hans Stuck Sr. to campaign a competition program for the 700.

At the age of 60, Stuck claimed the 1960 German Hill Climb Championship in a BMW 700. Stuck's victory was the first for a BMW automobile in 20 years. The last automotive victory for BMW was in a 328 in the Mille Miglia road race in Italy in 1940.

Between 1960 and 1965, the BMW 700 secured 22 international class victories in hill climbs, rallies and touring car races.

Racing victories for the 700 came against cars with considerably more power, but the other cars were unable to match the 700's nimble handling. With its rear-engine layout, excellent braking and handling, and lightweight body, the 700 was truly a driver's car.

A sport version of the 700 featured dual Solex carburetors and short-intake manifolds, which boosted output to 40hp. Revisions to the cylinder head and camshafts ultimately boosted output to 75hp and top speeds to 105mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts