BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Cal, I think he wants clear lens on the turn signal, with LED bulb...OP mentions " orange part "

OP, even the 2011 E90 which has a clear lens on turn signal still has an AMBER bulb for turn signal.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Cal, I think he wants clear lens on the turn signal, with LED bulb...OP mentions " orange part "

OP, even the 2011 E90 which has a clear lens on turn signal still has an AMBER bulb for turn signal.
Dont believe everything.gif

Dang I thought fer sure he meant while Angel Eyes and pic was an example....don't know about Wisconsin, but most states frown on white turn signals. Amber bulb for sure, and EBAY is OP's good friend today.

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,783 Posts
I just saw that people would delete the corner signal. I might go with that with programming
What they're doing is not the same as what you are wanting to do.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Buy a switch back LED. The corner will glow white while not in use as a turn signal and blink amber when used as a turn signal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buy a switch back LED. The corner will glow white while not in use as a turn signal and blink amber when used as a turn signal.
Any idea what exact one I should get? And do I just buy the bulb then install it myself into the angel eyes headlights I want?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Any idea what exact one I should get? And do I just buy the bulb then install it myself into the angel eyes headlights I want?
wondering just how you get rid of the orange color of the lens for the turn signal area of the headlight housing???

pre-LCI and LCI headlight profiles are pretty different aren't they?! and you can't simply retrofit an LCI clear lens into the front of a pre-LCI sealed headlight assembly

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you're going to install angel eyes you can get switchback angel eyes and delete the corner bulb and paint that part black

Sent with my carrier pigeon

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Methinks the OP needs to clarify WHICH of the multiple light sources contained within the headlight assembly he is referring to changing, as the responses from folks seem all over the map because so many call the 'angel eyes' by the term erroneous 'headlight'!
  1. headlight, down the road illumination
  2. angel eye corona light, which encircles #1 low beam and the inner lamp (high beam on halogens, NOT a high beam on bi-xenon HID cars)
  3. amber turn signal / forward hazard warning flasher

...which choice is the one OP wants to change?

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Methinks the OP needs to clarify WHICH of the multiple light sources contained within the headlight assembly he is referring to changing, as the responses from folks seem all over the map because so many call the 'angel eyes' by the term erroneous 'headlight'!
  1. headlight, down the road illumination
  2. angel eye corona light, which encircles #1 low beam and the inner lamp (high beam on halogens, NOT a high beam on bi-xenon HID cars)
  3. amber turn signal / forward hazard warning flasher

...which choice is the one OP wants to change?
3!! The Amber turn signal. Thanks for that haha

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
3!! The Amber turn signal. Thanks for that haha
OK folks, OP has spoken

Please NO MORE references to angel eyes!
and no mentions of conversions from halogen to xenon HID unless it includes CLEAR turn signal lenses
and colored LEDs do not count unless you also can tell him how to get CLEAR NOT AMBER lenses

·
Registered
8,080 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK folks, OP has spoken

Please NO MORE references to angel eyes!
and no mentions of conversions from halogen to xenon HID unless it includes CLEAR turn signal lenses
and colored LEDd do not count unless you also can tell him how to get CLEAR NOT AMBER lenses
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
From the lack of responses after making it obvious that you wanted clear lenses, I think it is safe to say there might not be a solution on the market to accomplish that with a pre-LCI body.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From the lack of responses after making it obvious that you wanted clear lenses, I think it is safe to say there might not be a solution on the market to accomplish that with a pre-LCI body.
I've seen it done before. I've sort of figured it out for myself but it won't be for quite awhile anyway so I have plenty of time to learn and explore my options

1 - 20 of 24 Posts