BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 3 yr lease on my 428i with pirelli cinturato 225 45r18 run flat tires. My situation is my car has around 13k miles on it and I will be moving to NYC from southwest Florida and plan on driving the car up. What do you think of switching out the tires to regular all season tires as i will definitely have.to replace my run flats over the life of my lease? If you guys agree what tires would you recommend? Appreciate the input.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 3 yr lease on my 428i with pirelli cinturato 225 45r18 run flat tires. My situation is my car has around 13k miles on it and I will be moving to NYC from southwest Florida and plan on driving the car up. What do you think of switching out the tires to regular all season tires as i will definitely have.to replace my run flats over the life of my lease? If you guys agree what tires would you recommend? Appreciate the input.
You'll have to return the car with comparable type and quality run-flats with at least 4/32nds of tread. Run-flats don't last unless you over inflate them by about 20%. Then, they ride like they're made of stone. Your 13k miles RFT's are probably still good for least turn-in. If you swap them now, save them for reinstallation before least turn-in. That will save you about $1000.

I'm a big fan of Continental DWS06's. The U.S. D.O.T. "traction rating" measures relative performance in the wet. DWS06's are one of the few all-season tires that get a "AA" rating.

TireRack.com allows you to punch in your car model and list every tire that fits it. You can then set filters, e.g. "All-Season," "Non-run-flat," etc. to narrow your search.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
+1 for the Conti DWS. But for a surprisingly good A/S RFT, you might also consider the Bridgestone Drive Guards - very good ride, decent handling with very good wet traction, good snow performance for an A/S and a competitive price.

Also this would allow you to remount your summer tires in April, wear them out and still return your car with RFTs as required.

Tom

·
Registered
848 Posts
I went with the DWS06's,also. I put them on the first week I had the car because I needed an all season tire. The original Bridgestone are in bags in the basement waiting for lease turn in.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Depending where you are inNYC, you would be well served to obtain wheel insurance before you go. NYC and surrounding area roads are aweful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts