BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed on the configurator that the forward part of the center console does not match the seat color on the 550. They match for the 530, and 540.

More specifically, when selecting mocha nappa for example, the entire center console is black instead of part of it being mocha.

For the beige as well as the merino leather, it still matches the seat color as it should. But not for any of the other colors.

I recall seeing pictures where it matched the seat color as shown below. Is it an error in the configurator or did they change it?

2nd picture is what the BMW website configurator shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
My M550 was built in November 2018 with Mocha Nappa and that front part of the console is also Mocha. I honestly can't remember at the moment whether that piece on my car is the molded plastic stuff or actual leather. Looking at some photos of my car I believe it's leather as it has the matching stitching and all.

I bring the leather part up because, I also have the full leather dash. Not sure if the leather dash impacts whether or not the color of that piece matches the seats or stays black.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
It's probably something inherent with the M550 to distinguish its interior from the other models. The only upholstery selection that doesn't have the black center console for the M550 is when you select "Canberra Beige/Black Dakota Leather with/contrast stitching/piping".

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bring the leather part up because, I also have the full leather dash. Not sure if the leather dash impacts whether or not the color of that piece matches the seats or stays black.
I am pretty sure the leather dash does not affect the center console. If you build a car with or without the leather dash, the console color does not change on the configurator.

·
Registered
60 Posts
definitely not leather, I wasn't expecting it but when I received my car I had the brown sections with my mocha interior. They are the standard plastic/non-leather materials though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I stand corrected. Just went out to my car (I wasn't home yesterday) and those pieces are mocha-colored but it's the molded plastic stuff just with some stitching. Basically my interior looks exactly like Mach250's photo, except with ceramic knobs and without the nightvision button. :)

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,748 Posts
I did not read every reply. For 2018 (non-M550 at least), the upgraded console, with matching upholstery color insert, was included with the Luxury package, or the Sensatec dash upgrade. Otherwise, the cheaper-looking, all black console was used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts