BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Changed battery, what does this plug into?

1245 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ///MyLittlePony
Changed battery.

This wire is left, don't know where it goes.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
It plugs into the tennis ball.
No worries, it's simply a trickle lead when shipping so the battery stays charged.
Not sure, that might be the plug they use during shipping to keep a trickle charge on the car... Might search on that and see if that's what the plug does... Alternately, does anything not work?

Doh! Beat me to it! :rofl:
:rofl::rofl::thumbup:
It plugs into the tennis ball.
Thanks for the help. I burst out laughing at the tennis ball comment.
I hope everything works. I believe the car has to "register" the battery and calibrate its output, so don't be surprised if a few things don't work.
It takes a technician to register the battery - the car doesn't do it by itself. The main reason to register the battery is so that it will play nice with the IBS and the system will have the correct charging rate.

Tom
I hope everything works. I believe the car has to "register" the battery and calibrate its output, so don't be surprised if a few things don't work.
I know. I just didn't want to give the OP an expensive downer on a Friday am.
It takes a technician to register the battery - the car doesn't do it by itself. The main reason to register the battery is so that it will play nice with the IBS and the system will have the correct charging rate.

Tom
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.