BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered an X3 with Sirius. The vehile has not arrived in the US yet but I am thinking of not putting the Sirius on as I would rather have XM. My question is this. Although I ordered it with the Sirius, and that is a dealer added accessory, would it be possible to tell the dealer that I did not want to add it before I take delivery? I am not sure what happens after the order. I would think if it shows up on the window sticker I have to take it but if it is a dealer add-on then I should be able to cancel.

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 540xi M Sport / Premium / Driving Assistance Plus / Parking Assistance
547 Posts
I believe when you order the car with Sirius it is installed at the factory.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe when you order the car with Sirius it is installed at the factory.
I am not sure thats the case because my CA told me that they would do the install at the dealership. For $200 I can get the XM ad-on kit and install it myself. I just want to make sure I can cancel before I talk with my CA.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I don't see any reason you couldn't if it is the dealer-installed aftermarket one. Call and ask, and make sure you get written confirmation of the cancellation and your new price for your car.

·
Large Hungarian Sausage
353 Posts

·
Large Hungarian Sausage
353 Posts
Well if you already have XM then that is a good reason :thumbup: I still like Sirius better though :angel:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had both. They are very similar with just a few 'proprietary" channels each. I do miss the PGA Tour on XM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts