BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I picked up a 1990 E30 325iA Coupe. 84,600 miles. Red Exterior/Black Interior with an Automatic. I originally walked away from the car because it was a slushbox, but for $950 I thought it would make a good project car.

I bought an E30 Bentley Manual and am going to try and do the maintenance on the car myself. I've always wanted to learn how to work on cars and from reading ROUNDEL, Bimmerfest, & Edmunds thought the E30 is a very reliable platform.

Once I change the oil, get the car aligned, change the transmission & brake fluid I'm going to start driving it to work a few days a week as I'm racking up the miles on my '01 Honda Prelude Type SH (bought new in April of '02 currently with 96,000).

Once the car runs perfectly (it runs pretty damn good now), I'm going to have the slushbox swapped out for a stick and probably do some suspension work to the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try and put pictures up this weekend. I've had the car for a few weeks and every time I go to take pictures, it is eaither dark or raining. The difficult thing for me is finding TIME to work on the car. I work 6 days a week, have a wife, and 19 month old son.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.