BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The car was doing some extremely rough idling and so I finally broke down and borrowed a OBD from my neighbor mechanic. Multiple cylinder misfires!!! It was in spanish so I didn't navigate through everything. I yanked all the new coils put the old in just to start somewhere - car ran like a top!!

BAD COILS!!!!! And at least five of them judging by how many errors the OBD scanner kicked up. I am so pissed off. Bought them from FCP Groton. My father who has an E38 said they have a bad rep on his board. He asked why I bought from them.

I have a return in the works. FWIW, I bought Bosch coils. Are they fake? One of the boxes arrived to me with finger prints in grease on it. I saw that and got a bad feeling. Who the hell returns Coils?

Pissed In Brooklyn,
josh

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing: In my research I came across an NGK paper on their Iridium plugs. The IX plugs are only good for 40-50 thousand miles. Stay away from those. I haven't driven my car just yet but the throttle response seemed quicker to me. Could very well just be my imagination. Should find out later. Also, when I changed plugs, I think the plug that came out of the #7 cylinder seemed to have some of its electrode burned away. Most of the little nib was gone.

Best,
josh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.