BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I glow in the dark
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2003 bmw 530i preminum sound system its def not HK, also have navi, what size and brand of speakers do I need to use for perfect fit into my stock speakers moderate price would be good, Im not looking to spend a alot maybe 100-200. and will this make my system sound better ? by changing the front 2 speakers or should i change all stock speakers ? if I have to change all stock speakers how many are there ?

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
depends.. some have 10 and some have i think like 12.

i replaced mine with MB Quarts 5.25 TX3's. old school model but it's before they were bought out and went to hell.

i replaced my rears with MB Quart Discus and while it's better then stock, i'm not a big fan of them. could be better. going to tie in some x-overs to see if that'll filter out the bass which it can't handle.

·
I glow in the dark
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, what do you guys think of MB QUART DKE113 5.25" ? can these go into my front speaker without any modification ? what is difference between coxial speaker and non coxial ?

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
those are the discus i have and i'm OK about their performance... just OK about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts