BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reconnecting the battery

We disconnect the battery to clear a code not knowing what a mess it would cause. Now I have no turn signals, the front power windows do not work and the overhead lights do not work. Thoughts?

·
Registered Lunatic
971 Posts
First thought is, is the battery fully charged?
What was the code you wanted to clear?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was nothing wrong with the battery. Yes it was fully charged. He simply disconnected it waited a few minutes reconnected it. The service code that we were trying to erase was due to needing an oil cap. And that came from BMW. I refuse to pay them to do it.

·
Registered Lunatic
971 Posts
Hmmm disconnecting the battery wouldn't have erased the service notification..
I don't suppose you have access to a code reader at all to see what errors are present now?

·
Registered Lunatic
971 Posts
What is the vehicle?
It sounds like the module has fried, most of my experience is with the E39 and this is a controller code from a module called the FRM, hopefully someone with more experience with the later vehicles will be able to help you more.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
The car is an E9x. These cars are full of electronix. I'd find a reputable independent shop that specializes in BMWs. Have that shop check the problem. Try www.bimrs.org and the National Capital Chapter if the BMWCCA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BMW told me my service light was on due to needing an oil cap. They wanted to charge too much so I bought it on my own. Today my buddy tried to clear the code by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Now my power windows turn signal overhead light and power mirrors do not work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts