BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Changing the order after production scheduled

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  MarcusSDCA 
#1 ·
While waiting for my dealer to return my call, I thought I'd ask here as well. My car is in "production scheduled" status for ED at the end of june. I understand that order cannot be changed at this point. (My dealer told me so before). So, I was gonna ask my dealer if some sort of swap (black sapphire with jet black) can be done. Does anyone know if that's possible for an ED order?
tk

#2 ·
Swap??!!

With whom??!! :dunno:

Yes, you are correct you car is 'locked" and you cannot change. A swap is only possible "IF" they have a car in the ED "Pool" (unclaimed or cancelled) that meets your requirement (which is to say you MUST be flexible). The biggest problem w/ what you are trying to do is that the E90 supply is really tight and the ED "pool" vehicle is few and almost non-existing right now. I am 99.9% sure that what you wanted to do cannot be done at this time. Your other option is to cancel and reschedule another ED date.

Good luck to ya TK, ;)

beewang :bigpimp:

#4 · (Edited)
This is so funny. Last night I faxed my dealer and told him to change my Sapphire Black to Jet Black. My car was still in the early stage and it was "changeable". He said it was not a problem.

He called me today to give me my pickup date: June 21st! That's a lot sooner than I thought it was going to be. I gotta hustle and get my airline ticket. I was wondering if they would hold off on my pickup until Friday (the 24th) so my friend in Stuttgart can go with me to the delivery center....he can't take off the whole week.

#5 ·
tksung said:
with one from dealers' allocation? I figured they'd be plenty jet blacks rolling off around the same time, and some dealer out there wouldn't mind swapping..
No... it doen't work that way...You cannot simply pull a car from the ones your dealer has from his/her U.S. build/allocation. and swap it out w/ yours. What you said may sound simple and easy, but what you don't know (or see) is that there is alot involved behind the scene. The Germans, in case you don't know... are notorious for being berucratic.

On a separate note, Saphire Black is a MUCH better black than Jet Black. JB being non-metallic paint shows the clear coat scratch way to easily. Ask me how i know... :eeps: I have since swear to never do that again. :rolleyes: Marcus, listen to me!!! DON'T DO IT!!

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

#6 ·
MARCUS330i said:
He called me today to give me my pcikup date: June 21st!
lemme get this right. you ordered later, can still change the color, and pick up sooner? :mad:

Yeah, you should be able to pick it up on the 24th. Book the flight first though, before changing the date, just in case flight is not available.

#7 ·
beewang said:
On a separate note, Saphire Black is a MUCH better black than Jet Black. JB being non-metallic paint shows the clear coat scratch way to easily.
Yeah I know. I once was married to a high maintenance brilliant black audi. I had a momentary cold feet due to experience, and now I'm regretting it... Bright side is that I can always divorce a car wthout paying alimony or child support.

#8 ·
BEE: I did it....I'm not calling my delaer for another change.......my last 3 seires was Jet Black and I loved it. THis time around I'm ONLY doing hand washing with microfiber towels...and I'm going to try the Zaino products too. Jet is just a deeper black and I've heard people complain that sapphire looks "dusty" or dark grey in sunlight.

Whatever....it's a freakin lease....you know me....I'll go back in 2006 for a 2007 335i in Interlagos Blue or something like that......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.