BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few bmw’s with custom purple stitching. Is there any way that anyone’s heard of to change the red stitching (which I have) to a bright purple stitching? I’ve seen the sharpie color markers but haven’t been able to find anything on changing a red to a purple. I’m thinking reupholstering is the only option :/

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,092 Posts
I have seen a few bmw’s with custom purple stitching. Is there any way that anyone’s heard of to change the red stitching (which I have) to a bright purple stitching? I’ve seen the sharpie color markers but haven’t been able to find anything on changing a red to a purple. I’m thinking reupholstering is the only option :/
Red + Blue = Purple. A blue Sharpie would work perfectly.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Unless you have done this and it worked, I'd be leery. I used a black Sharpie to mark some vinyl fence rails and within a month of being in the sun, it all but disappeared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red + Blue = Purple. A blue Sharpie would work perfectly.
Have you ever seen this done though? Or is it just a thought? I could try it on a stitching part that isn’t seen to test myself but I’d rather know for sure before hand. Thanks!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,534 Posts
Have you ever seen this done though? Or is it just a thought? I could try it on a stitching part that isn’t seen to test myself but I’d rather know for sure before hand. Thanks!
lol

its a joke.

Good stitching has been sealed- wax or other materials- to protect the stitcihng, prevent staining, stablize agaisnt UV degradation, etc, etc. You arent going to simply dye it with anything- and expect it to last.

Id get used to your red.....

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,092 Posts
If you are going to shell out $$ to reupholster the entire interior to get the color stitching you want, then what the hell--try a Sharpie 1st. If it doesn't work, then you were going to replace it all anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts