BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Many Tickets
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving Tuesday night about 70 on the highway when I heard a loud noise, felt a shudder in the car, and then it lost a lot of power. The warning lights came on so I limped it to my destination and left it for the night after calling the dealer. They picked it up yesterday and apparently my charge pipe blew off, but get this: they said it looked like it had been pulled off or forcibly removed. The couldn't make the clips work to hold it back on, so I got a new one.

I didn't tamper with it. I've had the car for only a couple of months and its already been in the shop several times. No way I'm going to touch it until I have several months issue free. I don't need the dealer blaming me for something I didn't do.

So here's the thing, do you think the previous owner modded the car and then put it back to stock after he turned it in?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was driving Tuesday night about 70 on the highway when I heard a loud noise, felt a shudder in the car, and then it lost a lot of power. The warning lights came on so I limped it to my destination and left it for the night after calling the dealer. They picked it up yesterday and apparently my charge pipe blew off, but get this: they said it looked like it had been pulled off or forcibly removed. The couldn't make the clips work to hold it back on, so I got a new one.

I didn't tamper with it. I've had the car for only a couple of months and its already been in the shop several times. No way I'm going to touch it until I have several months issue free. I don't need the dealer blaming me for something I didn't do.

So here's the thing, do you think the previous owner modded the car and then put it back to stock after he turned it in?
Yes you can be right. But also the charge pipe just gets weak in general and/or your cp is defective.

·
Registered
497 Posts
A few questions about what happened to your car before you came along?

Was the car a lease return?
Was the car a CPO?
Private "dealer"?

·
Vendor
616 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts