Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have the same issues it happened after I changed my wheels on my x3. The tire pressure is correct and the wheels are the same size and are bmw original wheels. Any ideas on how to clear the light ?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey guys I have the same issues it happened after I changed my wheels on my x3. The tire pressure is correct and the wheels are the same size and are bmw original wheels. Any ideas on how to clear the light ?
Our vehicles are computers on wheels in many respects -- your wheels or tire pressure are not likely causes of the error message. If you do a search on drivetrain or chassis malfunctions, there are many threads about those. You should probably go to the dealer and let them diagnose and go from there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
"Chassis Malfunction" covers an array of issues. In my case it was caused by a rodent building a nest in the cover around the compressor for the self leveling suspension and promptly chewing through a couple wires. Once I found and repaired the broken wiring (and evicted the unwelcome tenant) the issue cleared itself. How did I find out what was wrong, you might ask? Well, instead of handing a stealership a blank check to track down the issue, I invested in a Carly adapter and app. It has more than paid for itself. If you go to the Carly website you can see all the neat things that you can (easily) code into your car all by you lonesome right in your garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Chassis Malfunction" covers an array of issues. In my case it was caused by a rodent building a nest in the cover around the compressor for the self leveling suspension and promptly chewing through a couple wires. Once I found and repaired the broken wiring (and evicted the unwelcome tenant) the issue cleared itself. How did I find out what was wrong, you might ask? Well, instead of handing a stealership a blank check to track down the issue, I invested in a Carly adapter and app. It has more than paid for itself. If you go to the Carly website you can see all the neat things that you can (easily) code into your car all by you lonesome right in your garage.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts