Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions about where to get cheap plane tickets? I'm flying within the United States in March. Thought I'd ask!

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plane tickets

Anyone have any suggestions about where to get a good deal on plane tickets? I'm flying within the United States in March. Thought I'd ask!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I almost always check expedia for options then I go to the airlines website and buy the ticket there.

If you don't mind stopping once or twice try mobissimo.com which I've had really good luck when prices for nonstops were ridiculous.

·
Casey!
17,654 Posts
mapsbmw said:
Anyone have any suggestions about where to get a good deal on plane tickets? I'm flying within the United States in March. Thought I'd ask!
southwest.com

·
Casey!
17,654 Posts
Must be a very important question to ask twice :D

·
Over-the-Hill
11,498 Posts
BMW~NYY said:
I almost always check expedia for options then I go to the airlines website and buy the ticket there.
Ditto that.Lately, I've actually paid less going through the airline directly.

Be cautious of the Expedia and similar sites, especially if you have multiple cities/segments or anticipate changes. I've seen many customers royally screwed when they need to make changes to tickets issued through these companies.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
I check travelocity.com and book the particular flight with the airlines. I also download southwest "DING" to get super low fares, lower than their internet price. Example, I'm flying SWA, RT from HOU to LAX for $144, total cost.

·
Needs more cowbell
4,516 Posts
If you live near one of the airports they service (and will go somewhere else they service), JetBlue (jetblue.com) has some reasonable rates.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
330Cane said:
travelocity has never failed me.
You can get that same flight(s) diretly from the airlines for less. Try a sample RT flight!

·
3,365 Posts
Dave 330i said:
I check travelocity.com and book the particular flight with the airlines. I also download southwest "DING" to get super low fares, lower than their internet price. Example, I'm flying SWA, RT from HOU to LAX for $144, total cost.
Dave, that's a great price. How does that thing work? Didn't want to sign up for it, but I may give it a look. Is that a last minute fare? Or a weekend fare, etc? Thanks.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Patrick330i said:
Dave, that's a great price. How does that thing work? Didn't want to sign up for it, but I may give it a look. Is that a last minute fare? Or a weekend fare, etc? Thanks.
Just go to southwest.com and download DING. Nice thing about it, SWA does not give your email address away, so you won't get bunch of adv emails. Not last min or wkend fares. It's new fare SWA post, normally flights for the current month or 2 months, you have less than 6-8 hours to make a decision. But, if you purchase and decide to cancel, you just accumulate the $$ credit for future flights. I highly recommend downloading DING. LAX and HOU are SWA bread and butter airports, and there are lots of empty seats they want to fill. Hopfully, I can get similar fares for Bimmerfest and my daughter's graduation from UCI in June.:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
mapsbmw said:
If you want to let me know what city pairs you're looking at, I can tell you the base price of the major airlines or maybe steer you towards who would be the least expensive.

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,336 Posts
I recently discovered lowestfare.com. For my vacation last month it was able to find me a lower airfare that Travelocity, Orbitz, Continental, American, or Delta websites.

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tgee5 said:
If you want to let me know what city pairs you're looking at, I can tell you the base price of the major airlines or maybe steer you towards who would be the least expensive.
Indianapolis to San Jose or San Francisco (pref San Jose)

Thanks!!:)

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
The going rate right now is $198. plus airport taxes on all of the major airlines including Southwest. With the taxes it will probably cost you about $215.00 per person. These prices are good for travel up to June 09 and require a minimum 7 day advance purchase.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts