Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am in the process of deciding which new gasoline injectors to buy.

Have any members had a bad experience with cheaper european or US made gasoline injectors?

I have to choose between a german made one called STARK, which costs half as much as BOSCH.

Anyone tried STARK? Or have experience with cheaper brands vs BOSCH?

Thank-you.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I pulled a set of injectors from a 2000 528i from the junk yard and sent them to Mr. Injector and had them
serviced for $112.50 including shipping.

The price for the used injectors was real cheap and the servicing of the injectors included new o-rings and
a report of before and after performance of each injector (OHMS,Leak,Pattern,Flow,Increase%flow,CC/MIN) and
a flow chart graph.

An afternoon of down time is all it took to switch the old ones out and put the reconditioned ones in.

I don't know if you have this type of service available where you live but it is worth looking into.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not clean your old Bosch ones instead? They get gummed and hardly ever fail.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Bimmerfest mobile app
I pulled a set of injectors from a 2000 528i from the junk yard and sent them to Mr. Injector and had them
serviced for $112.50 including shipping.

The price for the used injectors was real cheap and the servicing of the injectors included new o-rings and
a report of before and after performance of each injector (OHMS,Leak,Pattern,Flow,Increase%flow,CC/MIN) and
a flow chart graph.

An afternoon of down time is all it took to switch the old ones out and put the reconditioned ones in.

I don't know if you have this type of service available where you live but it is worth looking into.
Thank-you for your input.

I will have to consider reconditioning them, but also weight the possibility that the one not working properly may be damaged I don't know. :dunno:

Its just #6. But I would have to recondition all. I will have to look into it and search for prices.

Meanwhile the cheaper german ones, all 6 replaced, would cost me 515 USD $ equivalent.

I would be doing the replacement. If I'm not mistaken, its about disconnecting battery, letting the pressure out by the schrader valve, unscrew and remove everything, and put it back in.

·
Bluebirds fan in USA
190 Posts
$515??? Who is that thru?
Have you looked at Rock Auto? They have AutoLine reman fuel injectors for $34.79 (including the $10 core) and they have a 2 year warranty.
According to AutoLine, this is what they do when they reman them:

All units are ultrasonically cleaned & back flushed.
Units are electrical resistance tested.
Units are flow and calibration tested.
Fuel spray patterns are verified.
Every unit is triple leak tested.
New O-Rings, filters and pintle caps are installed.

I haven't bought them but if/when the time comes, I'll try them out. All 6 for under $200 with a warranty has me sold.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you looked at Rock Auto? They have AutoLine reman fuel injectors for $34.79 (including the $10 core) and they have a 2 year warranty.
According to AutoLine, this is what they do when they reman them:

All units are ultrasonically cleaned & back flushed.
Units are electrical resistance tested.
Units are flow and calibration tested.
Fuel spray patterns are verified.
Every unit is triple leak tested.
New O-Rings, filters and pintle caps are installed.

I haven't bought them but if/when the time comes, I'll try them out. All 6 for under $200 with a warranty has me sold.
I live in europe, and over here 85 $ USD per injector is the cheapest I can find MADE IN GERMANY. The Bosch is twice as expensive and unavailable at the moment.

Thank-you for your input regardless. I'm going to do this this year around August, all 6 injectors brand new + new fuel filter, mine is the simpler 1 inlet - 1 outlet kind.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you looked at Rock Auto? (...) omes, I'll try them out. All 6 for under $200 with a warranty has me sold.
I just took a look at that website and I must warn that the BOSCH ones they sell there are made in china ones. They don't have the BOSCH markings that original bosch do.

If they ship to europe I could consider it but I think it is better to buy here from germany. :dunno:

For who may need the info.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Bosch injectors for my 528i here are €77 per piece including o-rings etc..I dont have other choices than Bosch and VDO on the site I normally buy from, if you want cheaper go to the auction site.
If the injectors come with a warranty its a pluss.

·
BMW forever
1,255 Posts
I still have the original injectors on my 1996 .every once ina while I put cleaner in the tank . No problem. I had them cleaned professionally 3years ago but other then that they are good to go.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still have the original injectors on my 1996 .every once ina while I put cleaner in the tank . No problem. I had them cleaned professionally 3years ago but other then that they are good to go.

Thats good to know.

Are yours light blue color? I think mine are original Bosch. They are light blue.

What cleaner do you put on the tank?

The best I can find here are cheap STP ones.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bosch injectors for my 528i here are €77 per piece including o-rings etc..I dont have other choices than Bosch and VDO on the site I normally buy from, if you want cheaper go to the auction site.
If the injectors come with a warranty its a pluss.
Are your injectors original also or have your already tried replacing them?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I think they are original, I am not changing them, just checking prices.
Only thing I need is checking if maybe I have a small vacuum leak or need a new oxygen sensor for Bank 1, only code I have really. Car runs just fine.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think they are original, I am not changing them, just checking prices.
Only thing I need is checking if maybe I have a small vacuum leak or need a new oxygen sensor for Bank 1, only code I have really. Car runs just fine.
I see. What is the colour of your injectors?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts