Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was just wondering where the cheapest place is to find the AC Schnitzer Aluminum Pedal Set?? I saw E46Fanatics has it in their store for a I think 172 and then 150 or so for the dead pedal.. Would it look right with leaving the dead pedal black? Let me know if you guys know of a place cheaper. I can handle this price, but why pay more if you don't have to. Oh yeah I have a manual trans!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you def want acs? uuc just made a dead pedal to compliment their pedal set. i think the set looks pretty good (although while not matching i prefer the m3 dead pedal). but i want CF pedals. i think the dark pedals would look good (kind of stock but not).... at any rate, sorry if this helps not at all...(=

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
:confused: Their store is closed. The ACS will cost more than the UCC version and a lot more than the OEMs. If you are serious about ACS, I would go over to Fanatics and do a search. I saw a dead pedal for sale there about a week ago for $179 I think.

I have not seen the CF version but it might be interesting:)

Clem feel free to chime in any time. Ruf is only 15 minutes from me, young and impressionable, and ready to mod:p ;)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Here's the ad I was thinking of ACS dead pedal

Good luck on the hunt:thumbup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen pictures of the M3 Dead Pedal and looks pretty good wouldn't like the M3 on it though (nothing against it but I don't like to pose something I don't have.....) I sorta like the ACS they have shorter black rubber strips in them. I have to look at all the options side by side. If anyone wants to post the 3 or 4 options side by side I'd be greatly appreciative, or if I get around to it myself I will. 179 doesn't sound bad at all Phil. How do you install the dead pedal, I don't like the idea of drilling, but if the operation can be covered up to be back to OEM if I wanted too that is also a plus.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
How do you install the dead pedal, I don't like the idea of drilling, but if the operation can be covered up to be back to OEM if I wanted too that is also a plus.
Must drill through when using ACS ro UCC pedal. OEM M3 dead pedal is complete removal and swap over.

All pics compliments of Fanatics or its members :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phil thanks man for looking thoses up for me I owe ya! I guess the rubber inserts on the UUC and ACS are the same?!?! I wouldn't get the second set listed in automatic.....I think I'm still going with the ACS I sorta like that name and logo :O) I might just go without the dead pedal it looks little weird. I see what you mean about getting the //M pedal even though it doesn't match. Decisions...decisions. Definitely ACS pedals for me though 179 right :thumbup:

The idea of drilling.....is that why you haven't gone for a set Phil?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
The idea of drilling.....is that why you haven't gone for a set Phil?
Yes and no............if you look at the pic w/ sand I do not like the way the top looks. Maybe a bad install but I do not know.

I would go ACS over UCC. The OEM 3 would look good in your car too:D

Oh and the automatic pic was just o tshow you the dead pedal

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that sand dead pedal does look wrong... maybe a standard stock dead pedal is what I'll run just get the aluminum pedals.... What do you mean about the 3 OEM are you talking the black ones I have now :angel:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
Yeah that sand dead pedal does look wrong... maybe a standard stock dead pedal is what I'll run just get the aluminum pedals.... What do you mean about the 3 OEM are you talking the black ones I have now :angel:
No I meant the M3 pedal in th epic above :rolleyes: It is OEM AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i have uuc pedals (want the uuc CF ones) they look nice.i have stock dead pedal but the reason i like the m3 oem dead pedal is because it's a whole piece versus one you drill in (leaving the tops of the old dead pedal exposed). and i REALLY dont think having some m components means you are a poseur. lots of ppl on this board have m3 steering wheel (including myself) and that doesnt make any of us poseurs (unless we got a m badge too ;) )

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see what you mean now about the pedals its really not bad it doesn't say M3 it says //M which is fine. Does the steering wheel say M3 or //M?? I forget the what the little logo looks like on the bottom... I sorta like the UUC for the finish surface (polished) it looks like the ACS are a dull alum finish. I think I might just go with the ACS's though.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
I see what you mean now about the pedals its really not bad it doesn't say M3 it says //M which is fine. Does the steering wheel say M3 or //M?? I forget the what the little logo looks like on the bottom... I sorta like the UUC for the finish surface (polished) it looks like the ACS are a dull alum finish. I think I might just go with the ACS's though.
steering wheel has //m logo at 6 o'clock. uuc pedals have a not polished but like brushed finish. i think generically all the pedals are the same. but as i said above the m3 dead pedal looks the best to me cuz it's not a bolt on, but rather a full piece.

btw uuc cf pedals

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh CF = Carbon Fiber :thumbup:

Yeah I think I'm going with the ACS and the M dead pedal.

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts