BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I hate to bug anyone but I have a really weird problem..

I have sometimes issue that my car on accelaration feel like loss of power and check engine light came.

Basicly this is the case:

I was driving car around 50 km/hr and there was traffic jam so ofcourse slow down. then I hit paddle to move to other lane, car felt like loose of power and check engine light pop up. It felt like car is working on 2 cylinders. On stop light I put in parking shut down and start car back and car was running normal. No check engine light.:mad:

I did took car to BMW to check for codes but there is NO ERROR codes ! I had to pay 150€(200$) for nothing.
:thumbdwn:

Car is 10/2007 BMW 525I 3L Automatic / 218PS

Did anyone had something similar or anything.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Vanos solenoids? I had this happen in a similar manner. Car had reduced power and the service engine soon light came on. Restarted the car and it went away for a few days. Then it came back on and stayed on. Took it to the dealer and Vanos solenoids were replaced. I believe this is a pretty common issue with the 525 engines.

In any case, reasonable course of action would be to take it to the dealer to have it checked out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello,

My never stayed. It always go away after turn off and turn on the car.

I did took to BMW dealership but no error codes.

Btw how much this Vanos solenoids cost ? Is it hard to replace ?

tnx for the info !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys :)

I could say problem is solved after 2 months (TNX GOD) nothing happening anymore.

I guess has crappy gas in my car.
During the trip in March I bought the fuel cleaner and i added to 100 Octane Power Shell gasoline.
I had around 880 KM with one tank so I was amazed. Other thing that I notice that no more power loss and etc. After I spent that tank I decided to continue with 100 Octane gas. Bad is that it cost around 20 cents (euro) more on liter but what the hell, car run smooth.

So at the end, no more power loss, no more engine light and only more power and smooth ride !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts