BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 328 has 40,000 miles on it and the check engine light comes on and disappears at intervals between 225 - 1000 miles. I have taken car in to my mechanic and had codes checked.

152d08 knock sensor was the first and issue resolved with fuel cleaning and reset.

After driving just 225 miles the check engine light came on again and the code 191c02 was present and went to step 1 of service bulletin which was to reprogram software. The code was reset and engine light came on about 225 miles and then off for about 1,000 mile.

The code was reset and sure enough the engine light came on after 225 miles and then went out again after driving another 200 miles

The next step according to mechanic based on service bulletin is to work on valvetronics. The car runs great but the concern is the code will make it tough for car to pass emissions when the time comes. Just curious if anyone has had this issue and a possible solution. Any insight is appreciated. I am just trying avoid spending upwards of $1000 if not required

Thanks,

Darrell

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
My 2012 328 has 40,000 miles on it and the check engine light comes on and disappears at intervals between 225 - 1000 miles. I have taken car in to my mechanic and had codes checked.

152d08 knock sensor was the first and issue resolved with fuel cleaning and reset.

After driving just 225 miles the check engine light came on again and the code 191c02 was present and went to step 1 of service bulletin which was to reprogram software. The code was reset and engine light came on about 225 miles and then off for about 1,000 mile.

The code was reset and sure enough the engine light came on after 225 miles and then went out again after driving another 200 miles

The next step according to mechanic based on service bulletin is to work on valvetronics. The car runs great but the concern is the code will make it tough for car to pass emissions when the time comes. Just curious if anyone has had this issue and a possible solution. Any insight is appreciated. I am just trying avoid spending upwards of $1000 if not required

Thanks,

Darrell
WA should be a SULEV/PZEV state, if so do check if your car is SULEV/PZEV(there should be a label under the hood, and all N26 engines are PZEV). BMW has a PZEV warranty for 15-yr/150k miles, and most CEL are emission related, so just bring the car to dealer to check.

Usually dealer will ask for customers to authorize diagnostics charge, but if the problem is covered by PZEV the diag fees will be billed to BMWNA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts