BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
:dunno:

Nice Civic.... But shouldn't this be in the genral automotive forum??? I still like my Mazda3 :D :D :D And might I suggest removing the Civic stickers from the front??? (We all know it's a Civic)

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Civic is a great car but lose the silly brake light logo.

·
Registered
626 Posts
nice! congrats on the civic, but loose the stickers. Civics are bulletproof from what i've heard, and quite nice to ride in. That'd be my pick in that price bracket as well.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
e60lover said:
Why???? x1
It may be first year model flukes, but within the first 60 days of owning it, it was sitting in the dealer for about 15 days. They had to replace the rear window because it creaked. They replaced the front struts, they replace a motor mount. They reinsulated the headliner, they had to re-attach the material on the driver's seat.... She only weighs at most 110. Plus the wife had just come from a 2005 Accord that at 2,000 miles the master brake cylinder failed while she was driving down the hill to our house.

A big part is that she came from driving an IS 300 and liked the fact that it had the luxury she wanted and wasn't very common.

·
Vietato
21,927 Posts
abracc said:
It may be first year model flukes, but within the first 60 days of owning it, it was sitting in the dealer for about 15 days. They had to replace the rear window because it creaked. They replaced the front struts, they replace a motor mount. They reinsulated the headliner, they had to re-attach the material on the driver's seat.... She only weighs at most 110. Plus the wife had just come from a 2005 Accord that at 2,000 miles the master brake cylinder failed while she was driving down the hill to our house.

A big part is that she came from driving an IS 300 and liked the fact that it had the luxury she wanted and wasn't very common.
Ah, well, never buy first year new models. I never do.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
pintnight said:
Ah, well, never buy first year new models. I never do.
I bought a first year Mazda3 Hatch and lucked out by not having any major issues at all but now the 3 hatches have even fewer niggles and a newer, more efficient 5 speed auto - with better mileage and power handling. I am surprised Honda is having issues - they usually have an extensive pre-production testing program. :dunno:

·
Registered
650 Posts
TimmyTimmy said:
I bought a first year Mazda3 Hatch and lucked out by not having any major issues at all but now the 3 hatches have even fewer niggles and a newer, more efficient 5 speed auto - with better mileage and power handling. I am surprised Honda is having issues - they usually have an extensive pre-production testing program. :dunno:
I've owned a first year vehicle before too and had no problems either. I think it doesn't matter you're either loaded with problems or you have next to none.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.