BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
10,856 Posts
SPinning out and hitting something isn't that stupid... But spinning out, then spinning out IMMEDIATELY AFTER! :lmao:

G

·
Okay, finally saw it.

First of all, he was a very poor driver. He was slow as shit through damn near everything then, in bursts, he gave too much gas and broke the car free from whatever grip it had. Just dumb.

But who the hell rented a tree filled lot to autox on? That's possibly dumber than the driver. Spins do happen. I've seen people spin multiple times on the same run. It does happen. But, damn, don't put a tree anywhere where power induced oversteer is going to send you right into it.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
I hate to say it but that was hilarious! I think the final comment before the clip ends was a nice way to end it! Trees and auto-x don't mix. What brain surgeon thought that was a good idea...? :lmao: :tsk:

G

·
clyde325xiT said:

How do you think they knew to put a tree right *there* :dunno:

:angel:
Oh, you know what I meant... They shoulda moved the tree, right?

But he looked bad well before he started losing control. Don't you agree?

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
TD said:

Oh, you know what I meant...They shoulda moved the tree, right?
probably...see below

But he looked bad well before he started losing control. Don't you agree?
havent seen it yet actually...gotta copy it to the desktop windows box

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
nate328Ci said:
As I commented in the other thread, that is probably the WORST course ever. Racing in the trees is very dangerous :tsk:
WRC?

Seriously, I once had a little offroading four wheeling experience through some woods in a 5.0 Mustang in my teenage years. All I can really say is that I'm damn lucky I didn't kill myself, my passenger or anyone that could have been coming the other way.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Re: spinning out not so stupid

scottn2retro said:
true, but setting up a course with a tree on the outside of a turn is. :lmao:
I have not seen the clip, but sometimes I feel that way about the light poles at Rosecroft for our DC Area Autox's.

Not long ago at a BMWCCA event we were twice in one run heading towards a light pole:thumbdwn: And it was the same pole, but from two different directions.:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

G

·
Re: Re: spinning out not so stupid

CD-55 said:

I have not seen the clip, but sometimes I feel that way about the light poles at Rosecroft for our DC Area Autox's.

Not long ago at a BMWCCA event we were twice in one run heading towards a light pole:thumbdwn: And it was the same pole, but from two different directions.:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:
Are you referring to the "C" pole in this pic?

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Re: Re: Re: spinning out not so stupid

TD said:

Are you referring to the "C" pole in this pic?

No. I am talking about the first pole (not pictured), prolly "B" where the guys are standing on the left of the picture. It was the pole I was working at, at our "Autox #1". I remember cowering behind it each time a car came by.

Is that pic from our school day? On our school day it was not bad, in this pic it looks like there is not a problem.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CD-55 - check out the clip. It seems like way more trees than lightpoles at your event.

Chris330ci - I tried to open the one you linked, but it keeps trying to re-open continuously :dunno:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: spinning out not so stupid

CD-55 said:

No. I am talking about the first pole (not pictured), prolly "B" where the guys are standing on the left of the picture. It was the pole I was working at, at our "Autox #1". I remember cowering behind it each time a car came by.
Yeah, Pole B...I recall looking at you guys there when I came through the first gate the second time on each run as I plowed in your direction. I remember thinking, "Gee, I hope I don't run over those guys.":confused:

When approaching it fromt he other side, it didn't seem like such an issue after coming out of that real slow left following the staggered gates.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.