BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the dealer and throughly checked out the new 330i with sport package. BMW did an awesome job on this car and it seems to be even tighter with better fit and finish then the E46's I had.

I was really impressed with how solid the doors felt and I also loved the new steering wheel.

What I did notice though is I felt a little cramped in the drivers seat, it seems the drivers door feels closer to the driver maybe due to be thicker :dunno: also the center console is more intrusive then the E46, it reminded me of the A4 center console though it wasn't quite as intrusive. Anyone else noitce this ?

The other thing is eventhough the car is supposed to be bigger, I could have sworn the E46 felt roomier in the front and the back ... am I off base on this ?

Otherwise I think the new E90 is beautiful both inside and out ... one other thing, the dealer has no problem ordering one and getting one in my hands in less then 2 months which tells me that they aren't selling out like crazy and slots are available. I remember when I ordered my 01 330Ci when it first came out and at that time you had too wait to get one, lucky for me I had been one of the first to order back then

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
There is less headroom in the back. At 6' my hair brushes against the headliner. Also the rear seats are sculpted curves whereas the E46 is more of a flat bench. The sculpting is sort of confining. In the front I noticed no real difference except a slightly longer reach for the DSC/Central Lock/Vents in the center dash. Everthing still fell within the curve of my arm.

·
2,457 Posts
I noticed that the center console was a bit wider and longer too. However, I can't shift an A4 manual tranny without contorting my arm. I don't have that issue with the e90 at all. For my torso/arm config, that A4 center console is unusable to me.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I dunno about comparing to the A4 but the interior doesn't seem any bigger than the E46 in any way, despite the car being larger, especially in width. With both front seats occupied, it feels about as cozy, though it's a bit better for the passenger with the straight dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.