BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How are your pre-school children being raised?

• One/both parents stay home with them.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Day-care center or out-of-house babysitter/nanny

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • In-house nanny/baby-sitter

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a 'wishful thinking' poll, or what you'd do IF you had kids, but rather for those of us actually with child(ren), what do you currently do in terms of raising them.

It's anonymous, so there's no shame in being honest if you out-source.

·
3,762 Posts
No, I'M the world's worst dad! Actually, in defense of you, you are completely entitled to your own opinion. Nobody can tell you that you're right, or your wrong. Parents can still give their kids attention and nuturing, while maintaining and advancing their careers. Our's are turning out to be spectacular kids, and they spend all week at daycare, and frequently a good block of time at grandma's house every weekend. They love us, and we love them more than life itself. It's a matter of deciding how you want to balance your time with them and your work life.

I have so much going on in my life (jobs, projects, etc) that sometimes I wish that I could turn the kids over to the grandparents for a week or so, just to try and get "stuff" done. Seems that I'm always trying to play catch up. I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling this way, just as long as you don't abuse it. Fortunately, my wife is great at keeping everything in check. As much as I want to have all my time to myself, I wouldn't trade having kids for anything.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I appreciate your support, it's REALLY NOT ABOUT ADVANCING OUR CAREERS--it's about what's we think IS BEST FOR THEM!!!

:thumb:

·
3,762 Posts
hts said:
While I appreciate your support, it's REALLY NOT ABOUT ADVANCING OUR CAREERS--it's about what's we think IS BEST FOR THEM!!!

:thumb:
True. Very true. It's up to each parent to decide.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Wife works part time, 12 hour shifts, so nanny, babysitter, whatever you want to call her, comes over for 9 hours twice a week only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts