BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So washing the car last weekend I noticed a rough spot on my rear door, driver side window. It looked at first like bird poop had super dried to the window but even after continuous rubbing it would not come off. I told myself that I would clay it off next time, just to notice during drying that the perceived bird poop was really a few chips in the window. It looks like a stone hit me while driving and bounced across that window and left a few marks.

I am trying to attach a picture but am having a tough time getting a good shot of it in the parking lot with my cell phone, but for what it is worth, here it is.

My question is this: These are just a few nicks taken out of the window and while I do not like them, the window seems fine other than cosmetic damage. Can I get this filed through my insurance or would they not even attempt it, since the damaged area is so small?

I also have a tiny miniscule nick on my windshield that I may want filled but it also is so tiny that I am not sure they even can...

Attachments

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called the glass place. Since the doors are tempered glass they cannot fill it in. They also told me the windshield chip is no worry if it's just a surface chip. I can hardly see it even if I search for it.

Guess I'll live with the door having some rash on it...probably not worth getting it replaced...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts