BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on ebay i saw racing chips for sale from a shop. says i will get so much hp. i asked them what makes there chip better then the rest and what make i had and the person came back n said u will get 32-40 more hp. has anyone seen these chips.. i think they be called gorilla chips, not sure tho :dunno:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Total BS.

Go with a Turner Motorsports chip, enough said.

Why people would want to put cheap **** like that on their car baffles me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Turner motors sports chip all the way. Dont go for the ebay crap they dont work. I noticed a huge difference in power with the tms chip and im not lying.

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Totally agree, it is BS mate

Go for tried and tested chips from well known makers. NEVER comprimise when it comes to your ECU....EVER

It is like these crappy black boxes that just have a resistor in them to trick the ECU into thinking the air is always cold, they are crap and do more damage than good.

Turner or Bav are the way to go, no doubt!

·
Registered
513 Posts
1993BMW318i said:
Dinan chip: Peak Horsepower Gain: 11 @ 4500 rpm
Peak Torque Gain: 19 lb/ft @ 2500 rpm

Tuner:Hp [email protected] Tq. [email protected] New Rev Limit 6900RPM

Perfomance gains are the same according to their website. Actually the HP comes in earlier on Dinan than Turner.
I dont know which chip you are referring to but for a 93-95 325i these are the specs for the tms conforti chip

Horsepower Gain
+ 22 @ 6000 RPM

Torque Gain
+ 20 @ 4000 RPM

New Rev Limit
7000 RPM

Since the guy that posts this has a 92 325i here are the specs for the tms chip he would have
Horsepower Gain
+ 20 @ 6000 RPM

Torque Gain
+ 13 @ 4500 RPM

New Rev Limit
7000 RPM

·
Registered
513 Posts
That jc chip has the exact same numbers as turner. I would go with tunrer still unless that jc chip is much cheaper/

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chip

savage217 said:
I dont know which chip you are referring to but for a 93-95 325i these are the specs for the tms conforti chip

Horsepower Gain
+ 22 @ 6000 RPM

Torque Gain
+ 20 @ 4000 RPM

New Rev Limit
7000 RPM

Since the guy that posts this has a 92 325i here are the specs for the tms chip he would have
Horsepower Gain
+ 20 @ 6000 RPM

Torque Gain
+ 13 @ 4500 RPM

New Rev Limit
7000 RPM
whats the diff between the conforti and dinan, and where in so california can i have someone do the chip mod and have u guys put your car on a dyno to see the 20 hp

·
Registered
513 Posts
All I know is I have added a cold air intake which they claim adds about 6-10 hp and I have done the tms chip which claims to add 22 hp and 20 ft pounds of torque. When I installed the tms chip I instantly felt a huge power difference. When I installed my cold air intake the only difference I noticed was the sound. You will definately notice the difference it really does seem that the numbers are true in turnermotorsports case. I cant speak for dinan but tms chip is awesome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts