BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=64924

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a heads up for my fellow BMW buddies for next weekend if you're going to be taking and of the backroads up to Santa Barbara.

For those of you local in CA, looks like the CHP is cracking down on Mullholland. I just saw CHP working the area on Friday between Kanan and Las Virgenes. Hope they don't see the pictures in my sig...or in Performance BMW Magazine

Mods Could you make this a sticky...

The following is from the Ferrari chat room

"I haven't seen this topic posted yet, so here it is. It would seem the Rat-Pack and anybody looking to have some fun through the local canyons are in for some law enforcement intervention...as all things seem to be in life: a good thing goes bad....

This taken from NBC news:

CHP Unveils Traffic-Safety Program Targeting Illegal Street Racing
Authorities Thursday unveiled a traffic-safety program for the Santa Monica Mountains designed to target the problems of illegal street racing and other unsafe driving practices in the area near Malibu.

Dubbed "Operation Safe Canyons," the enforcement effort will be conducted by teams of California Highway Patrol officers and Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies, said CHP Officer Leland Tang.

"On weekends, there is an increase of recreational vehicles, motorcycles, high-performance vehicles and bicyclists using these roadways," Tang said. "This increase in vehicular traffic creates a higher than normal demand for service calls and enforcement."

Tang said that the area's mountainous canyon roads "provide an environment for some motorists to engage in high-speed racing and other unsafe driving practices."

He said an increasing problem has been the organization of illegal events by use of the Internet.

Among the problems in the area:

Motorcycles and other vehicles being driven recklessly on Mulholland Highway, past the residential community west of Decker Canyon.

Motorcycles and other vehicles racing on Stunt Road.

High-performance vehicles racing into the early hours of the mornings on Stunt Road and neighboring canyon roads.

Motorcycles and other vehicles traveling in the wrong direction on Tuna Canyon Road while driving in a reckless manner.

And various instances of motorists driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

"Our goal is to create and maintain an environment that promotes a safe and enjoyable use of the Santa Monica Mountains region for all," Tang said.

Also involved in the program will be Assembly Member Fran Pavley's office, Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky's office, the Los Angeles County Fire Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office."

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just took a ride out through the canyons and the cops are definitely there. Mostly between Kanan and Las Virgenes all Mulholland to the east and west of the Rockstore. I counted 3 CHP cars and 1 CHP bike.

·
trailingthrottleoversteer
4,328 Posts
Yeah - thanks for the heads up. I also heard it on the radio ... on several stations and "the" website.

From: http://www.mulhollandraceway.org/issues.html#The_Great_Wall_of_Mulholland

FAIR WARNING: ALL CANYON CARVERS -- ALL CANYON DRIVER'S ORGANIZATIONS... ~ Heads up, boppers... ~ SoCal news media, scratching around our web site, sniffing around our guestbook, looking for another Jesus to crucify, on the six o'clock news... ~ Been through this before. You know what to do. And, you know what not to do. Do not talk to the media. Not for any reason (FYI: that is how prosecutors and politicians build their case). Do not give these people anything to chew on. Do not comment, on anything. We want them groping for defective policy, without exogenous interference, and with no one to blame, for it, but themselves. ~ Do not spend your point of view, admonishing or rebuting news journalists, or policymakers. Do not attempt to set news journalists straight. Like trying to talk to a traffic cop, you will never affect their fundamental beliefs. Once you've spent your point of view? Then, what you know, in your heart, to be righteous will be ripe for the media, and crony policymakers to marginalize. ~ Game theory 101: Deny your point of view (e.g., arbitrage; your argument is far more valuable saved, than spent). Deny every opportunity to marginalize you (e.g., there's a peculiar power in silence). Let them grope for your point of view (e.g., it's like overtaking; never telegraph an impending pass). ~ Policymakers come; policymakers run amok; policymakers go. Deny them our point of view, they'll overreact, they'll spend too much money, policy overshoot, policy overkill, the laws they'll subsequently draft will be far too Draconian to enforce, and they'll inevtiably atrit themselves. Calabasas and Malibu will become police states. The fickle media will soon lose interest. Defective policy, final analysis, local residents, there in Malibu, and Calabasas, will internalize more traffic tickets per capita, than any other cohort in California history. ~ Ponch & John , utterly oblivous, stuffing their faces at the local 7-11, we'll blow through there, just like we always do: No prisoners. Hammer down. Wild-wild west. Like a cool breeze. No one ever the wiser. ~ When no news is forthcoming? No local Jesus to crucify? News media have no compunction. They'll manufacture it. As of this writing, that's exactly what they're doing. They sorely need a compelling local story, for the 6:00 news.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
FlyingDutchMan said:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=64924

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a heads up for my fellow BMW buddies for next weekend if you're going to be taking and of the backroads up to Santa Barbara.

For those of you local in CA, looks like the CHP is cracking down on Mullholland. I just saw CHP working the area on Friday between Kanan and Las Virgenes. Hope they don't see the pictures in my sig...or in Performance BMW Magazine

Mods Could you make this a sticky...

The following is from the Ferrari chat room

"I haven't seen this topic posted yet, so here it is. It would seem the Rat-Pack and anybody looking to have some fun through the local canyons are in for some law enforcement intervention...as all things seem to be in life: a good thing goes bad....

This taken from NBC news:

CHP Unveils Traffic-Safety Program Targeting Illegal Street Racing
Authorities Thursday unveiled a traffic-safety program for the Santa Monica Mountains designed to target the problems of illegal street racing and other unsafe driving practices in the area near Malibu.

Dubbed "Operation Safe Canyons," the enforcement effort will be conducted by teams of California Highway Patrol officers and Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies, said CHP Officer Leland Tang.

"On weekends, there is an increase of recreational vehicles, motorcycles, high-performance vehicles and bicyclists using these roadways," Tang said. "This increase in vehicular traffic creates a higher than normal demand for service calls and enforcement."

Tang said that the area's mountainous canyon roads "provide an environment for some motorists to engage in high-speed racing and other unsafe driving practices."

He said an increasing problem has been the organization of illegal events by use of the Internet.

Among the problems in the area:

Motorcycles and other vehicles being driven recklessly on Mulholland Highway, past the residential community west of Decker Canyon.

Motorcycles and other vehicles racing on Stunt Road.

High-performance vehicles racing into the early hours of the mornings on Stunt Road and neighboring canyon roads.

Motorcycles and other vehicles traveling in the wrong direction on Tuna Canyon Road while driving in a reckless manner.

And various instances of motorists driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

"Our goal is to create and maintain an environment that promotes a safe and enjoyable use of the Santa Monica Mountains region for all," Tang said.

Also involved in the program will be Assembly Member Fran Pavley's office, Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky's office, the Los Angeles County Fire Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office."
Bravo, public roads are no place for showboating displays of male testosterone.

Ed

·
Registered
433 Posts
Raffi said:
This sounds like a good thing if they're going to crack down on idiots like you racing and driving close to triple digits on Mulholland. You may not think it's a residential area, but it is.
EdCT said:
Bravo, public roads are no place for showboating displays of male testosterone.
Ed
Ditto, hope you morons get caught, arrested, and car's impounded.
Gawd, people are dumb! :mad:

·
trailingthrottleoversteer
4,328 Posts
I'm glad I could help you feel better by shaking your finger at someone.

:wahwah:

oh yeah....way to go...getting personal. Hope you don't have to actually argue a case with merit in front of a tribunal someday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.