BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The M-Sport one being the new one? Title seems to suggest opposite.

I'm very tempted to swap mine for M-Sport. What was involved?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The title is Chunky to sporty - i.e. I changed a chunky old wheel to a sporty new one :)

The new one is a heated M-Sport with M6 trim.

The change is pretty simple really, disconnect the battery, wait an hour, pop the air bag off, unplug the old wheel, undo the bolt, pull old wheel off, slide new one on, bolt up, plug in, push air bag on, connect up battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgymo1uDfCk

Wasn't aware you need to disconnect the battery. So good to know

That's a 2014 onwards steering wheel the OP fitted and though I fancy one myself, with used ones still priced at over £600, I can't quite justify it to myself just yet. 2014 4 series and down look similar but are slightly smaller and won't fit. Needs to be from a 2014 5 series and up and with paddle shifters

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeremy,

Did you do it yourself or took it to a garage/shop and paid someone to do it for you? if so how much?

I'm thinking of picking up a 2012 640d coupe F13 but I really dislike the design of the fat steering wheel and I love the new slim and sharpe BMW steering wheels that are on the newer 15/16 models. So i want to do exactly what you have done.

Where did you pick up the new steering wheel and how much may i ask?

Thanks,
Oliver

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
The title is Chunky to sporty - i.e. I changed a chunky old wheel to a sporty new one :)

The new one is a heated M-Sport with M6 trim.

The change is pretty simple really, disconnect the battery, wait an hour, pop the air bag off, unplug the old wheel, undo the bolt, pull old wheel off, slide new one on, bolt up, plug in, push air bag on, connect up battery.
So. Thicker wheel; bigger paddles. Have to wonder: Why isn't it stock....and is there much diff?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts