BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
San Jose, 2002 330cic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to replace my hydraulic lines and cylinders on my 2002 330cic top. The car has 56K on it and this repair was over $1500, the part was a whopping $844 for some short and thin hydraulic lines and two cylinders.:mad:

Has anyone else had problems with the hydraulics in their cic?

Approx 6 months ago, I had the dealership replace a two bit piece of plastic in the mechanical structure of the top. It manifested itself by not allowing the top to raise completely, as the piece of plastic (used to keep the wiring harness from getting smashed in the top mechanics) pulled loose on one end and was catching in the top as it was closing. The dealership had to keep the car about a week while they 1. took pictures of the part to email to the motherland to identify 2. just about dissasemble most of the top to replace this part. The car was just barely in warranty at this point.:tsk:

I've not heard of the hydraulic lines rupturing before, and I'm wondering if this could have been caused by the first shoddy repair.

Any ideas?

·
Astigmatic Visionary
2,802 Posts
2002 Cic 48,500 mi., top up and down a couple of times a day on average.No problems as yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts