BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

been searching for a bit on the forum and cant find the answer im looking for....ive just brought a 2008 520d business touring and I'm thinking of upgrading the satnav and screen....ive saw the excellent how to guide that's on here and have a question which may or may not be completely daft....ive been searching for cic head units on ebay and have seen quite a few on there, my question is will any cic head unit fit in my car or do I have to buy one specific for my model?...there are some on there for f30 and e91 etc.

Is there a cic retrofit guide on this forum anywhere??

thanks guys.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hi guys,

been searching for a bit on the forum and cant find the answer im looking for....ive just brought a 2008 520d business touring and I'm thinking of upgrading the satnav and screen....ive saw the excellent how to guide that's on here and have a question which may or may not be completely daft....ive been searching for cic head units on ebay and have seen quite a few on there, my question is will any cic head unit fit in my car or do I have to buy one specific for my model?...there are some on there for f30 and e91 etc.

Is there a cic retrofit guide on this forum anywhere??

thanks guys.
I did a retrofit recently, i am not sure the E90 will fit. it is fairly easy to do but you need a modulator to trick the car. i used this http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711172

cost me much less than the full package sold--BUT YOU MUST be able to do some coding. it took a bit to get mine to work. that will be the case no matter what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts