BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) My city MPG doesn't go above 17MPG...and this is without gunning the car either. I think it should be around ~19 at least...Is this normal?

2) During the cold start, engine oil level indicates that it is full (gauge filled up to the right most vertical line), but when the engine warms up la ittle bit, the oil level drops to the median of the two marks you see on the indicator. Can anyone tell me the cause of this?

· Bart0sz
94 Posts
well what car do you drive?? is it a e46? My e46 says i get roughly 18-22 mpg city highway it's around 25-30 but it doesn't show on the mpg because it doesn't grow that rapidly only when you reset the "counter" and the oil level according to my father when the engine is warm the engine oil level is always lower then when it is cold, i don't know why but that is just how it is, also did you check when you were on a small incline/decline that might of been it also but my first point is the real reason.:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.