BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received notice in the mail of the tentative settlement of a class action lawsuit regarding "seat occupation detection systems" in certain 2004 and 2005 BMW 5 Series. The reason for the lawsuit was that at certain times the front passenger seat will deactivate even though an adult whose weight exceeds the threshhold is occupying the seat. For some reason the settlement excludes any Series 5 cars that have Multifunction Seats without climate control and those with Sports Seats. Does anyone understand why these seats were excluded because I have Sports Seats and at times the deactivation light will come on even though an adult is in the seat?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Applies to Multi Function Seats and Sport Seats

I coppied and pasted this (second paragraph) from a Law Firms website describing what kind of seats are included. I think you car would be included. Check with your local dealer by providing them this info and the last 8 of your V.I.N.

You are a class member if you are a resident of the United States and, as of March 13, 2007, own or lease a BMW 5-Series automobile from the 2004 model year or the 2005 model year (produced on or before March 31, 2005), and equipped with either Multifunction Seats without climate control or with Sport Seats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts