Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It rained pretty good last night. My sunroof drain was clogged and I had three inches of water in the front passenger side of my X3 this morning. In my case the passenger side front bottom plug was completely blocked by crud.

The video below helped me pin-point the location of the drain exit. There is a 90 degree bend in the line right after the plug and I had a hard time trying to get something past the bend to clean it out with a tool.

Tip: The plug simply pulls off. Pull it off, clean it out with running water and push it back on. No jack or tools are required.

When I pulled off the plug a bunch of water came out. That made the issue more obvious. I did the front driver side and it was pretty clean.

Test it by pouring water in the location of the drain in the sunroof and look for water coming from the bottom of the car where the plug is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFdsbFUxpUk

·
Registered
763 Posts
The pinch "valves" or whatever you call the things under the car are a prime spot for crud to collect and clog the line. Pretty easy to access and clean out once you find them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts