BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GLD750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backseat Pool!

Hey everyone. I noticed some water marks on the fabric in the rear passenger side on the pillars. Also the floor mat was wet on the rear passenger side. After a car wash, I checked the pillar and it was damp. Not sure where the water is coming from or what step I should take first. Ugh, it seems like one thing after another lately...

·
GLD750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Just finished cleaning under the filters and the pans were both full of dirt/leaves/branches. Hopefully that was it. I will try to run some water tomorrow after work and see what happens. I really don't want to fool with the C-Pillar, I think that would be an all day job...will post again tomorrow after a "sprinkle" test.

·
GLD750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, unsuccessful on the first fix. Looks like it's something else causing the leak. Does anyone have a good link or youtube video for taking apart the pillar in the backseat area so I can get up in there and see where the leak is coming from?

·
GLD750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking apart C Pilar

Leaking within C Pillar on passenger side back seat area. Water running all the way down inside area and down to floorboard. Does anyone have suggestions on how to take apart the C Pillar so I can look and see where the water is coming from?

·
GLD750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello! Does anyone have a link to a video or instructions for a layman like myself on how to clean the drain tubes in your sunroof? After reading many sites and forums, I think this may be the reason behind the leaking within my pillars and down onto my floorboard...thanks in advance!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whenever I take my car through the car wash the passenger side microphone above the visor starts to leak water. Does anyone have an idea where the water is coming from? I do not see any visible signs of rust, holes or gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had had those problems, just had it done last week. Wet carpets - blocked drains under micro filters, wet roof - blocked drains in sunroof.

How to clean those under micro filters it is said above - just make sure to pour water in and see if clean water is running behind front wheels and that water is draining fast enough.If not you might need to take the front wheels off and open and clean the pipe from the other end - from behind the wheels.

Sunroof the same thing, blocked pipes. Find the little drain holes in your sunroof front corners, pour a little water and see if it is draining. You might take a wire or a firm cable, shove it in and try to unblock, or again - as I had to - find the other end behind the front wheels/mudguards and clean it from there.

So far no leaks, but no heavy rain since then either.

·
GLD750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still Leaking

Ok, took both front tires off and cleaned drain plugs, ruled out that was not the problem. Partially took apart C-Pillar and poured water over sunroof. Water actually flowed into car on back passenger side!! So now I know that it IS the sunroof where the water is coming from. Does anyone know a fix for this?? I keep hearing to snake a wire down the drain plugs? But I can't seem to find them. I can't see far enough from the C-Pillar removal unless I keep going and try to take the whole thing apart. I'm about to go to Home Depot and glue the whole sunroof shut!!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Actually i had the same issue. Water flowing into the floor from c pillar. My headliner sagged as result so went ahead to drop the headliner to be replaced with new one at the same time my cracked windshield was being replaced. One of rear drain hoses was disconnected. I cleaned all drain hoses with burst of water (engine steam air gun) all at once then wd40 hell out of it. Lastly i put clamps on the hoses to ensure these dont slide off in the future. New headliner put up. All done last week. Time will tell if my meticious work has paid off.

·
Registered
336 Posts
One thing i can tell you from the sound of your description im pretty sure one or two of drain hoses on your car was disconnected. Dropping headliner is a big task. Took my buddy and me 4 hours or so over a case of beer in between dropping and reinstall the headliner. Theres 5 or 6 small phillip screws at the sunroof thats partly securing the headliner. Best to remove the sunroof glass for more accessibility. A good upholstery shop can do this if this is freaking you out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts