BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, am new here. I come from Belgium and i 've just taken possession of a Z3 roadster. I'am very happy with it but i have already a few questions. How do you wash your car? What about the soft top and the rear plastic window. Can i put soap on it or should i avoid it?

Thanks for the respons :thumbup:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Welcome aboard . . .

Hi there -

What's the color combination on your roadster (any pics)?

With a roadster (and probably just about everyone on these forums regardless of model) I NEVER take it to a car wash. Hand wash only. I do not use the car shampoo on the top.

For the top: The Raggtopp products get great recommendations. They make both a cleaner and protectant.

For the rear plastic window: First of all, be very careful of what you use to clean the rear window - from both a cleaner standpoint and a towel standpoint. Windex and paper towels is a big NO NO.
What condition is the rear window in? If it is in good to excellent condition, use Plexus Plastic Cleaner. If it is in bad condition and needs to be restored, use the Meguairs #10 and #17. Use good cotton terry cloth or micro fiber towels.

There is a detailing board here on Bimmerfest with loads of great detailing tips and recommendations. Use the search feature to look for posts on the products mentioned above. :)

·
5,820 Posts
I've had my convertible top exposed since April and have not washed it yet this summer. Use a stiff shop brush to keep it clean. Mine however, has been pretreated with Wolfsteins Raggtopp Cleaner and also the Protectant. Can't say enough about these products. www.wolfsteins.com Also, make sure to use a lint free drying product when wiping off the top after a wash.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is 2 years old and looks like yours. Sorry i have no pictures until now. How do you post a picture in your message??????

greetz

Christophe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts