BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

First time on the site. I am still in disbelief that I traded my 2003 M3 this past weekend for a 2006 325I but I love the new ride (my 3rd 3 series). I just could'nt keep stuffing the kid (#2 on the way) in the back of the beast for much longer.

Anyway, I opted for the clear bra in the deal (talked the stealer down to about $425) and dropped my ride off for the install yesterday. They called to say it was ready today and when I got there all he had done was the hood, and small section on the front fenders. Nothing on the bumper or mirrors! I complained because I remember it being advertised as a complete kit custom cut for every car. It looked like a rookie job anyway.

They said they were sorry that there was a misunderstanding and if I bring it back they will do the whole bumper.

Were they trying to rip me or what??? Anyone else get Clear Bra option on an E90??

Thanks for any comments,

Ak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before I get jacked up;

I searched the previous threads, did'nt know there was so much on the subject....:tsk:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an e90 325i with clearbra. For $600, I got the entire bumper, part of the hood, mirrors, headlights, and 4 door handles. After a month, the edges may pop out and collect dirt. This is because the clearbra material does not conform completely to the curves. The installer came by again and used an exacto knife to trim off the edges that popped out, looks really great now. Just call the installer and ask them to fix what you dislike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow
Paid $500 cash for mine
Front hood, bumper, headlights, fogs, side mirrors, front tips on fenders
I can give you info on my installer whoever may need it

·
Registered
49 Posts
toughluck said:
I have an e90 325i with clearbra. For $600, I got the entire bumper, part of the hood, mirrors, headlights, and 4 door handles. After a month, the edges may pop out and collect dirt. This is because the clearbra material does not conform completely to the curves. The installer came by again and used an exacto knife to trim off the edges that popped out, looks really great now. Just call the installer and ask them to fix what you dislike.
Until the "new" edges pop up and start collecting dirt and the installer needs to trim them. Then the "neew" edges pop up and start collecting dirt and the installer needs to trim them. Then the "neeew" edges.....

You get the picture.

Guys. A "clear bra" is nothing more than a custom cut piece of polyurethane film. You can buy the BMW kit for less than $50 ($100 for the 3M brand stuff BMW uses) and install it yourself in less than 30 min. For the really adventurous, you can buy a 50ft roll and encase your entire car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.