BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno: Folks

I have just buy a 325Ci 2004. The tail light are not clear. I would like to change them.

I think that I might need to change the front corner lights and that little triangle close to the door ) I have no clue how it is called.

DO you happen to know a web site on which I can find a package to change the whole thing???

Thank you!

JC
 

·
Freedom isn't free!!
Joined
·
19,826 Posts
Ebay is your best place to find these lights. There are some good, quality lights available.
 

·
1.888.JLEVISW
Joined
·
3,247 Posts
You will have trouble with the 04 coupe. It's a facelift so you cannot just change out the corners, you need to replace the entire headlight.

Many people who have orange corners on the 04 coupe clear them out when they open them to install angel eyes. You can just pop out the orange reflectors when they are open.

For the sidemarkers, you will need to head to the dealership and get an OEM pair, there are no aftermarket versions out unfortunately.

Here is what a cleared out headlight looks like:

 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,338 Posts
300zxmuro said:
:dunno: Folks

I have just buy a 325Ci 2004. The tail light are not clear. I would like to change them.

I think that I might need to change the front corner lights and that little triangle close to the door ) I have no clue how it is called.

DO you happen to know a web site on which I can find a package to change the whole thing???

Thank you!

JC
Here is a source for OEM front, side, and rear clears.

http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=euro3kit6&Category_Code=beklight3e46
 

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will have trouble with the 04 coupe. It's a facelift so you cannot just change out the corners, you need to replace the entire headlight.

Many people who have orange corners on the 04 coupe clear them out when they open them to install angel eyes. You can just pop out the orange reflectors when they are open.

For the sidemarkers, you will need to head to the dealership and get an OEM pair, there are no aftermarket versions out unfortunately.

Here is what a cleared out headlight looks like:

Hi Nick and thank you for your input. It seems to be you have a lot of experiencie. I cannot find the rear tail lights for the 04. I will have to order the angel eyes to get the procedure on how to open the headlight and remove the orange piece. Hope is not complicated.

-Thanks
 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,338 Posts
300zxmuro said:
Thank you but those lights are not for a 04. Those are for 00-01 and I cannot find for 04 kits like that that anywhere.

Thanks again:cry:
Sorry wrong link. Here is for post face lift coupe 02-03.
http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=euro3kit5&Category_Code=beklight3e46

The reason you are not finding any kits for coupes 04 and beyond is because the rear lights went to LED's. The clear light versions are available from the dealer since they are standard on the Sport/ZHP package. I imagine those are not cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
I had the same problem. Those are things that I wanted to do as well. But like [email protected] SW said you do have to take apart the headlight. I'm going to order the demon eyes and take off the amber while i'm in there. You know, kill 2 birds with one stone. Let me know what you end up doing.
 

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikevaquez said:
I had the same problem. Those are things that I wanted to do as well. But like [email protected] SW said you do have to take apart the headlight. I'm going to order the demon eyes and take off the amber while i'm in there. You know, kill 2 birds with one stone. Let me know what you end up doing.
Hey Mike, did you buy the angel eyes already? I would like to know and understand if that real works.

What else did you change on your car? Tell me about your audio? did you change the original one?
 

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
300zxmuro said:
Hi Nick and thank you for your input. It seems to be you have a lot of experiencie. I cannot find the rear tail lights for the 04. I will have to order the angel eyes to get the procedure on how to open the headlight and remove the orange piece. Hope is not complicated.

-Thanks
Hey Nick, I have just one question before ordering. Do you have less light in the car with the angel eyes? I am asking this because in some sort of way i think that will decrease the amount of light.

Can you please confirm how this works?

Many thanks!
 

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car was sold in US but it was brought from Germany...first owner bought in US
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
300zxmuro said:
Hey Mike, did you buy the angel eyes already? I would like to know and understand if that real works.

What else did you change on your car? Tell me about your audio? did you change the original one?
Not yet, I'm going to order them next week. As far as the audio, I left the stock radio. I just added some components. I actually took everything off. I just bought an L7 15 icnh that I am going to throw in there with the BD1000. Right now I have no amps since I am doing everything over again. I still have the components, just wired to the radio. What I have are JL Audio CR650 all around. But i'm thinking of upgrading that to the Kicker RS Series. My cousin has them and they sound great. Good midbass and good highs. If you have any further question feel free to PM me.
 

·
1.888.JLEVISW
Joined
·
3,247 Posts
300zxmuro said:
Hey Nick, I have just one question before ordering. Do you have less light in the car with the angel eyes? I am asking this because in some sort of way i think that will decrease the amount of light.

Can you please confirm how this works?

Many thanks!
Nope, the angel eyes do not effect light output at all. In fact it increases your car's front end visibility for oncoming traffic by adding more light. These are not intended to be a light source that lights up the road but rather a cosmetic piece and a replacement for your DRLs :)
 

·
1.888.JLEVISW
Joined
·
3,247 Posts

·
CARPE DIEM
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mikevaquez said:
I had the same problem. Those are things that I wanted to do as well. But like [email protected] SW said you do have to take apart the headlight. I'm going to order the demon eyes and take off the amber while i'm in there. You know, kill 2 birds with one stone. Let me know what you end up doing.
Hey Mike, have you order the angel eyes? I want to know if is easy to install. I am very stupid with tools.

Thanks:rofl:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top