BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this info in the previous threads about that *click* in the clutch pedal, so sorry if this is old news...

My car went in for 1st service today and even though the problem has largely disappeared, I mentioned the *click* and *pop* in my clutch pedal. I didn't get an explanation for the engagement pop, but my service advisor said the disengagement click was the cruise-control cut-off. Sounded like a plausible (if not excusable) explanation to me.

kurt

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
ride365 said:
I didn't see this info in the previous threads about that *click* in the clutch pedal, so sorry if this is old news...

My car went in for 1st service today and even though the problem has largely disappeared, I mentioned the *click* and *pop* in my clutch pedal. I didn't get an explanation for the engagement pop, but my service advisor said the disengagement click was the cruise-control cut-off. Sounded like a plausible (if not excusable) explanation to me.

kurt
Cruise control cut-off is the same switch as the starter kill switch.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had a new clutch assembly installed

From my older posting.

The dealer ended up replacing the entire clutch assembly - disk, pressure plate, bearings, master and slave cylinders, etc...

Dealer told me that BMWNA was contacted to do all this.

They ended up taking the transmission out three times before getting it correct.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
My starter/cruise switch sometimes clicks in the morning but its usually gone by the time I get to the first intersection.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:
My starter/cruise switch sometimes clicks in the morning but its usually gone by the time I get to the first intersection.
Yeah, I notice it's especially loud on really cold days.

Never really noticed it until someone started complaining about it. If no one EVER mentions it I would've never noticed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.