BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2007 525i manual on 6/30 and I have about 2K miles on it so far.

Since yesterday everytime I depress the clutch to change gears, I feel a slight click on my left foot when I press the clutch down, I never had this feeling before. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or should I have it checked out?? As far as the driving/shifting there is no difference in feel. Again I don't hear the click, but feel it when I press the clutch.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I don't own an E60, but modern BMWs have a microswitch to assure that the clutch petal is fully depressed before starting the car. My E39 has this switch.

Kzang said:
I just picked up my 2007 525i manual on 6/30 and I have about 2K miles on it so far.

Since yesterday everytime I depress the clutch to change gears, I feel a slight click on my left foot when I press the clutch down, I never had this feeling before. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or should I have it checked out?? As far as the driving/shifting there is no difference in feel. Again I don't hear the click, but feel it when I press the clutch.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If thats the case this switch never worked the 1st 3 weeks of ownership because it recently started doing it.

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,776 Posts
I never felt that in my 525i. Very strange!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it went away starting this morning.
Wonder what it was. Gonna have BMW take alook at it when my service is due.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dropped my car off at the dealer today and they tell me that the clicking or sticky feel is normal :confused: But when I first posted this thread a BMWNA rep had personally called me and suggested me to bring it in to a dealer to have it inspected because it was not normal.

I am told that the car will stay overnight to replace the dash cluster window because it had a small crack in it. They tell me that nothing is wrong with the clutch after their inspection, even after they confirmed that they also feel the sticky/click when pressing the clutch. The dealer I dropped the car off is JMK in NJ.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think there is some sort of nylon/plastic "stop" screwed into the floor to stop the clutch travel and, in the past, I have put too much pressure on mine (standing on the clutch to get out my wallet or do something else like that) and broken it - if the pedal arm gets caught on it or similar, it can feel strange - take a look to see if that is the problem.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm Today after receiving my car back, the click feel went away...
They said they inspected the clutch and nothing was wrong with it.

I had a small crack on the dash cluster window and had them replace it under the warranty so they told me that they had to replace the whole dash unit which they had to reset and recode the car. after they did this my passenger rearview mirror doesn't tilt in reverse :( (I already checked the button that allows the mirror to tilt incase someone asks.) I called them back and they tell me they have to re-program the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had an e28 (174k miles w/ new clutch), e39(38k miles) and a new MINI and they all had a slightly clicky feeling clutch. I have come to believe its normal. My MINI got reprogrammed at the dealership for some reason and they deleted my comfort opening window opening via the key fob, haven't gone back yet to get it programmed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts