BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 530i with standard trans.

Before I get flamed for re asking this question, Ive searched everywhere possible and get the same wrong answer over and over. I have replaced the final stage with three different units. Also I have checked continuity from the control head to the final stage. The problem I am having is that the controls went out, as well as the fan continues to run after the car is shut off. I have a constant 5 volts that seems to rise slowly to 8 volts from the head to the final stage on the small wire that controls fan speed. I do not have any BMW diagrams that can tell me what a normal base voltage for this is. Any support or links that may help me would be greatly appreciated. I am a professional mechanic so speaking to me in technical terms is not a problem. Thanks for any support.

Also you can still turn the radio on with the doors open and the key out. haven't noticed any other "quirks" yet.

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Possible problem with the General Module. Diagnostic via BMW computer may be the only recourse.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am having the same issue and can't seem to find any help. I've replaced the FSU/ hedgehog or whatever you want to call it and that doesn't help. Have you had any luck?
My ac control unit does not display the temp, nor does leds that represent the fan speed light up. Hot air continuously blows from the vents. This continues for about 15 minutes when I turn the car off.
Because the heat is killing me I removed the FSU and now the heat isn't constantly blowing from the vents...
Any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts