BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two days ago while driving my climate control went black (just the digital part). It stays of for about 4 seconds then comes back on? the buttons that are around the digital part remain lighted. The fan stops when this happens to. Any Idea's what this could be. I have also had the check engine light come on. I dont know if this is related or not. I have had it come on several times due to gas cap problems. Car is not running any different.

· Registered
27 Posts
Hey three28i-how's it going :thumbup:
My 2 cents is that the diy site is great for pin-pointing the capacitor in question and it has great instructions on how to remove the climate control. But instead of removing the capacitor and replacing it with a new one just add some new solder to the two points under the board where the capacitor's posts are sticking out. Scrape away some of the lacquer around the points and add a little more solder. That should do it, did it for me, and if it still acts up after this then you'll know its a fried cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.