BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clock and trip computer in my 2009 X5 35d inexplicably reset every few days, which is really annoying. The clock goes to --:--, and has to be manually reset.

The dealer service rep shrugged it off, telling me it might have to do with leaving a cell phone charger in the power port overnight (but it happens even when the charger is disconnected).

Any insight?

·
Registered
2015 X5 xDrive35i MSport 2013 X5 xDrive35i
1,210 Posts
Have the battery tested. Autozone or the like will do the test for free and also check out the rest of the charging system. If you have the gear you could also test the battery voltage with engine off (12V-12.5V) and then engine running (13.85V) for a quick test yourself.
Also check the fuses relating to the clock and make sure it/they are not lose in the holder or defective in any way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The clock and trip computer in my 2009 X5 35d inexplicably reset every few days, which is really annoying. The clock goes to --:--, and has to be manually reset.

The dealer service rep shrugged it off, telling me it might have to do with leaving a cell phone charger in the power port overnight (but it happens even when the charger is disconnected).

Any insight?
This recently started happening to my 2008 X5. Also, I have Comfort Access, and it when this happens the door handle won't respond to my touch. I have to open the door with my key fob. After I drive, it's OK again. Suspect a weak battery, will probably take it in to service soon to check it out.

Did you ever find out what was happening in your situation?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
This recently started happening to my 2008 X5. Also, I have Comfort Access, and it when this happens the door handle won't respond to my touch. I have to open the door with my key fob. After I drive, it's OK again. Suspect a weak battery, will probably take it in to service soon to check it out.

Did you ever find out what was happening in your situation?
I believe it's a well known issue with CA(comfort-Access), to keep the FOB far away from the car while it's in the garage. the CA can drain batt cause it won;t be able to go to sleep mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe it's a well known issue with CA(comfort-Access), to keep the FOB far away from the car while it's in the garage. the CA can drain batt cause it won;t be able to go to sleep mode.
Thanks. I don't think that's the issue, but good to know. I've got a service appt next week, so hopefully will get it resolved then.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had my X5 for 10 years; the car charged was always plugged in. It's probably a battery problem - fingers crossed it's not an on-board computer problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts