Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread regarding my clock spring (see enclosed link). However I still need some help. https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2433374-Clock-spring

If you pull up the link to the video (which does work now) of the clock spring, you will see that when I turn the clock spring to the left or right from the point where it clicks it must be forced to continue turning left or right. I managed to install the steering wheel, but when I turn the wheel left or right, I hear that click and must be forced to continue turning in either direction. Note that I did not bolt it down tightly using the center bolt. I purchased another clock spring, but it makes the same clicking noise when it is turned left or right from the position where it clicks. If I am turning it left or right, it will not freely continue turning until It's forced past the point where it clicks. I am thinking that when the wheel is bolted down using the center bolt, it might stop it from clicking and allow the steering wheel to properly function....just a wild guess.

So I need some expert advice from someone who has good working knowledge of what's going on with this clock spring and what I do to get it properly installed. Please note that I have no idea where the center of the clock spring is located. It could be where I hear the click.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts