Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The attached video may not work but it's a pic/video of my clock spring. It appears to be working fine but I am not an expert at this. The reason for potential replacement is that the horn won't blow and the airbag light won't shut off. It's my understanding if the clock spring is bad it causes the horn not to blow and the airbag light to remain on. So, I don't know exactly how to know if the existing clock spring is properly working. I know that it will make a clicking noise when rotated. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
It sounds like your clock spring is faulty. As already mentioned, read the trouble codes in the airbag module. You should be expecting a code that indicates that the drivers airbag is not functioning.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like your clock spring is faulty. As already mentioned, read the trouble codes in the airbag module. You should be expecting a code that indicates that the drivers airbag is not functioning.
Ordered a clock spring. Hope that trsplvrs the issues. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you have your car set up with the front wheels straight forward, you need to make sure the clock spring is in the middle. It might not be, so carefully work the clock spring to one end, then count the revolutions until to gently hit the other end. Wind in back to half way. If you don't, you can damage the clock spring my turning to full lock and ripping the clock spring ribbon off its end termination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts