BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder not to show your number plates in the gallery...just had letter off plod say my car had been speeding in North Yorkshire last week :shock:

Have'nt been there for 3 yrs :shock:

Just beware about the pics you put on the website :roll:

·
Format c:\*.* /y
1,321 Posts
I have no idea what "letter off plod" means, but this is a good example for the people that think 3 seconds in photoshop to blur the plate is a waste of time...

·
Htd Seats = 4-season vert
732 Posts
I have no idea what "letter off plod" means, but this is a good example for the people that think 3 seconds in photoshop to blur the plate is a waste of time...
+1

this should apply to pics of other's cars as well. please blur their plates. (pics from meets, pics from vendors showing mods of customer cars, etc).

if you wouldn't post your name and address, don't post your plate. for about $10, i can get all the registered information from any plate number. (and no, i'm not offering this as a service.)

·
*Åþråh Cådåþråh*
4,283 Posts
+1

this should apply to pics of other's cars as well. please blur their plates. (pics from meets, pics from vendors showing mods of customer cars, etc).

if you wouldn't post your name and address, don't post your plate. for about $10, i can get all the registered information from any plate number. (and no, i'm not offering this as a service.)
+1
They make it to easy these days to get someones personal info.

·
NHTSA Nazi
351 Posts
yeah - and of course you can't copy somebody's number while driving down the street.

Blurring your number is completely useless. That number is proudly displayed on your car 24/7/365 and anyone can copy your number - different from your name that isn't plastered all over your car.

·
Freude am Fahren
682 Posts
I have no idea what "letter off plod" means...
Officer Plod- it's Brit slang for the police from a a kid's show- he got a note from the police

1 - 6 of 6 Posts