Bimmerfest BMW banner

What prize should be awarded to the 2,000th member?

  • A new BMW @ $500 over invoice from Cutter Motors

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • A totally custom Avatar

    Votes: 6 13.6%
  • A date with Sabrina

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Absolutely Nothing!

    Votes: 14 31.8%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What prize should be awarded to the 2,000th member to join
bimmerfest?
:dunno:
 

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
I was just looking at that recently . . .

and saw that it was closing in. Will it be hard to tell - does the member count go up and down as people join and drop out - or will the number the person join stay fixed?

How about a special title saying 2000th member?

Now that I think about it, do you know who the 1000th member was? I think THAT person should get the title instead. And then another at 5,000 or 10,000.
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I was just looking at that recently . . .

scottn2retro said:
and saw that it was closing in. Will it be hard to tell - does the member count go up and down as people join and drop out - or will the number the person join stay fixed?

How about a special title saying 2000th member?

Now that I think about it, do you know who the 1000th member was? I think THAT person should get the title instead. And then another at 5,000 or 10,000.
When people drop out the count doesn't necessarily go down
(unless they are "deleted" from the system).

I'm not sure if there's a way to see who was the 1,000th to
join, but I bet there is...

A special title will do...
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
I say a custom avatar of them and Sabrina sitting in the new BMW they got at Cutter for $500 over invoice:D
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
1000th member listing

Here you go....................

<iframe src="http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1000" width="100%" height="500"></iframe>


Only 1 post so I don't know about any gifts:dunno:
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,180 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
I say a custom avatar of them and Sabrina sitting in the new BMW they got at Cutter for $500 over invoice:D
your not gonna get a reply (inside joke :) )
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,180 Posts
no offense but choice #1 is only good if you live near that dealership . . . as a dealer and owner of this website . . . put something tangible on the table . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
atyclb:

Not to high-jack the thread but I have to comment on your U-2 info.

Being 32, I more or less grew up when U-2 was making it big. But I gotta tell ya, one of my friends in highschool got me hooked on them pre Joshua tree- it was a great experience.

They are one heck of a band. The old stuff is great music and thank god it's so under-played on the radio :)
 
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
FireFly said:
atyclb:

Not to high-jack the thread but I have to comment on your U-2 info.

Being 32, I more or less grew up when U-2 was making it big. But I gotta tell ya, one of my friends in highschool got me hooked on them pre Joshua tree- it was a great experience.

They are one heck of a band. The old stuff is great music and thank god it's so under-played on the radio :)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alan F said:
no offense but choice #1 is only good if you live near that dealership . . . as a dealer and owner of this website . . . put something tangible on the table . . .
Hey - I could do anything, really.
Performance Delivery Center?
:dunno:


Alan- the post was for fun...

Btw, in case there is any confusion over this issue.

BimmerFest.com is owned by PerformanceIX.

<iframe src="http://www.performanceix.com/founders.php" width="100%" height="500"></iframe>
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FireFly said:
atyclb:

Not to high-jack the thread but I have to comment on your U-2 info.

Being 32, I more or less grew up when U-2 was making it big. But I gotta tell ya, one of my friends in highschool got me hooked on them pre Joshua tree- it was a great experience.

They are one heck of a band. The old stuff is great music and thank god it's so under-played on the radio :)
I have to agree.

"Boy" & "October" are 2 of the finest records on the planet.

Btw, a question of you atyclb:

In 1983 I had a 45rpm of "New Year's Day". On the flip side there
was a song that never appeared on the War album. I cannot
for the life of me recall the name of the tune, but for a while
it was my favorite U2 song. When I split for Europe for
the summer after graduating college I returned only to
find that my roomate had sold all of my vinyl for
food money. Poor college students.
Life is harsh...

Do you know which one I'm talking about?
:dunno:

Fast tempo, strong beat, The Edge was shredding.
 
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Jon Shafer said:


I have to agree.

"Boy" & "October" are 2 of the finest records on the planet.

Btw, a question of you atyclb:

In 1983 I had a 45rpm of "New Year's Day". On the flip side there
was a song that never appeared on the War album. I cannot
for the life of me recall the name of the tune, but for a while
it was my favorite U2 song. When I split for Europe for
the summer after graduating college I returned only to
find that my roomate had sold all of my vinyl for
food money. Poor college students.
Life is harsh...

Do you know which one I'm talking about?
:dunno:

Fast tempo, strong beat, The Edge was shredding.
Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
atyclb said:
That's it , that's it - that's the one.... :)

I haven't heard that tune for 19 years dammit!

THANK YOU!!

You are awesome!

Damn!!!

I haven't burned a new CD for 6 months;
I just found a reason.

You got a link to "Rejoice" too?
:p

Thank you.
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,180 Posts
Jon Shafer said:


Hey - I could do anything, really.
Performance Delivery Center?
:dunno:

Alan- the post was for fun...

Btw, in case there is any confusion over this issue.

BimmerFest.com is owned by PerformanceIX.



I know it's all for fun . . . just busting on ya !!
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top