BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF, when I shut this car off and go to close the sunroof it doesnt work???wtf Car is running I push the off button key is still in and the radio is on, i go to close the roof and it doesnt... does the car have to be running????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
my 5ser used to close windows and roof with key out as long as you didnt open any door and you can close the windows in the 7 with key out as long as you didnt open the door , why not the freakin sunroof :dunno:

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah???^^^ so after i shut the car, how do i close it??

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats it an 80k car after I shut it off, i have to take they key out and put it in the driver door???????????:tsk:

·
Wilassasin
2,614 Posts
I agree u cant move sunroof or windows when car is off unless u press the start button again, dont have 2 turn the car on tho...I guess BMW does this 4 a reason.....However the radio can be played without a key or re-pressing the button. Matter fact I left it on one night i was sitting in the car while it was off listening 2 the radio then I left the car went in the house a few hours came back...Radio was still on!

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
the radio can be played without a key or re-pressing the button. Matter fact I left it on one night i was sitting in the car while it was off listening 2 the radio then I left the car went in the house a few hours came back...Radio was still on!
the radio turns off after 20 mins

·
Banned
638 Posts

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your batt may be weak...time for a replacement???

·
Registered
758 Posts
my 5ser used to close windows and roof with key out as long as you didnt open any door and you can close the windows in the 7 with key out as long as you didnt open the door , why not the freakin sunroof :dunno:
I agree....as long as you don't open the drivers door, you can still control the windows and the roof. This was even possible on my 4.6is (X5). You shouldn't have to insert the key into the door.....Phil
Now that I think about it, this is even possible on my mini cooper S

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
in the manual it says that too when i mentioned it to the delaer they said no work as designed , yeah sure

·
Registered
758 Posts
in the manual it says that too when i mentioned it to the delaer they said no work as designed , yeah sure
Most stealers have no clue....forums are where they should get their info....Phil:rofl:

·
Wilassasin
2,614 Posts
no. if you put the key in and press start ( dont hold brake ) only then you can close the sunroof.
Not mines....Matter fact I dont even have 2 start the car for my radio 2 work I can just open the doors turn it on and.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Not mines....Matter fact I dont even have 2 start the car for my radio 2 work I can just open the doors turn it on and.....
+1 on the radio

1 - 16 of 16 Posts